I Have An Unactivated iPhone 4S I'd Like To Jailbreak.

chedraux

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a Iphone 4s and I would like to JB it. I was hoping someone could shed a little bit of light on what the possibilities are (If any). I apologise if this has already been covered in other threads, Im sure it has been. However I have searched all over the web, and its very difficult getting a conclusive answer for JB, with all the different firmwares out there and software.

I have a Iphone 4s without the orginal sim, I believe its locked to Telcel. I've tried buying a sim card for Telcel but it wouldnt let me past the activation screen, Im not sure if this is due to the sim card not being activated or my friend (the one who gave me the phone) not having the correct information on the phones orginal carrier.

So at the moment I'm stuck with a rather expensive paperweight, I would like to just be able to use it. I'll go down any route and spend time trying to JB, but what I was hoping was, If anyone could point me in the right direction or least let me know if its possible.

Its on 6.0 at the moment and unactivated.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Kind regards
J

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
All I can say buddy is don't update the software via ITunes, otherwise you won't be able to jailbreak it as IOS 6.1.3 can't be jailbroken. That's my first point.

Try using Redsn0w to activate your phone and it might jailbreak it too.

Download Redsn0w from here:

Mac:
https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Windows: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Just open up Redsn0w, plug the phone in and hit the jailbreak button and follow the instructions.

If Redsn0w doesn't work, then try using Evasi0n as this will defiantly jailbreak it, however I'm not sure it will activate the phone, but its worth a try:

http://evasi0n.com/

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
All I can say buddy is don't update the software via ITunes, otherwise you won't be able to jailbreak it as IOS 6.1.3 can't be jailbroken. That's my first point.

Try using Redsn0w to activate your phone and it might jailbreak it too.

Download Redsn0w from here:

Mac:
https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Windows: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Just open up Redsn0w, plug the phone in and hit the jailbreak button and follow the instructions.

If Redsn0w doesn't work, then try using Evasi0n as this will defiantly jailbreak it, however I'm not sure it will activate the phone, but its worth a try:

http://evasi0n.com/

Phone has to be activated before running Evasi0n JB

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a Iphone 4s and I would like to JB it. I was hoping someone could shed a little bit of light on what the possibilities are (If any). I apologise if this has already been covered in other threads, Im sure it has been. However I have searched all over the web, and its very difficult getting a conclusive answer for JB, with all the different firmwares out there and software.

I have a Iphone 4s without the orginal sim, I believe its locked to Telcel. I've tried buying a sim card for Telcel but it wouldnt let me past the activation screen, Im not sure if this is due to the sim card not being activated or my friend (the one who gave me the phone) not having the correct information on the phones orginal carrier.

So at the moment I'm stuck with a rather expensive paperweight, I would like to just be able to use it. I'll go down any route and spend time trying to JB, but what I was hoping was, If anyone could point me in the right direction or least let me know if its possible.

Its on 6.0 at the moment and unactivated.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Kind regards
J

If the SIM card u purchased wasn't activated then it will do you no good. Make sure your friends SIM card is from Telcel otherwise it will not activate as the phone is currently locked to its network. But like Ollie said, DO NOT update OTA or thru iTunes or you'll never be able to JB it till a jb comes out for iOS 7 and that's NOT anytime soon. GL

chedraux

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for the replies.

I'll have to give the sim card route a miss as its not activated. I've tried redsnow 1.9.15b1 and 1.9.15b3, both versions won't accept my Iphone. When I try to jailbreak it in DFU mode it says to put the phone back into normal operating mode. If I have it in normal operating mode, the Jailbreak button is blanked out. Any idea's?

Kind regards
J

chedraux

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought I would quickly like to add. I have a A1387 model, I believe this is a dual band phone. So its on both GSM and CDMA. Which IPSW should I download?

Kind regards
Jordan

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Thank you very much for the replies.

I'll have to give the sim card route a miss as its not activated. I've tried redsnow 1.9.15b1 and 1.9.15b3, both versions won't accept my Iphone. When I try to jailbreak it in DFU mode it says to put the phone back into normal operating mode. If I have it in normal operating mode, the Jailbreak button is blanked out. Any idea's?

Kind regards
J

You CANNOT jb ur iPhone in DFU mode. Did you get the phone activated?

chedraux

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Ah, I see. Not yet no, to activate it I have to purchase a call plan which is $60. I'd rather try other routes first if possible, as I would prefer not pay that if I'm not even going to be using any of it ( I'm based in UK )

Thans again

Jordan

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you planning to use it as a phone? If so, you're going down the wrong path. Jailbreaking will provide no benefit to you. You need an unlock. Using redsn0w's hacktivation will conflict with an actual activation later.

Look into IMEI unlocks.

chedraux

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I thought if I could JB the phone I'd be able to put a unlock software onto it myself. The thing was I do accually have service on it with a UK sim when I have to inserted at the acitvation screen. So I thought by hacktivating it, i'd be able to use the phone.

I'd look into getting a IMEI unlock but noone seems to do them for Telcel, and the one or 2 that I have found are about ?100+. Which I thought was abit steep.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I thought if I could JB the phone I'd be able to put a unlock software onto it myself. The thing was I do accually have service on it with a UK sim when I have to inserted at the acitvation screen. So I thought by hacktivating it, i'd be able to use the phone.

I'd look into getting a IMEI unlock but noone seems to do them for Telcel, and the one or 2 that I have found are about ?100+. Which I thought was abit steep.
I haven't seen any software unlocks. That doesn't mean they don't exist. But, they were much more common before now. Any post I've seen here with someone that went through hackivation generally resulted in frustration when trying to get a SIM to work. Generally, hacktivation is meant for turning an iphone into a fancy ipod if you don't have a SIM to use with it.

chedraux

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Ah I see, I think I was just hoping for some mirical to work if I managed to hacktivate it, I think I'll try go down the IMEI unlock route now. Thanks alot for your support.

Kind regards
Jordan

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods