Hi!
    I search a parental control app/soft for my son's iPhone 5. Any idea?
    NOTE: I need to monitor GPS locations, messages and internet history*

Thanks in advance
    07-29-2013 12:25 PM
    This should help in the OS

iOS: Understanding Restrictions (Parental Controls)

Your carrier might offer something as well. Maybe even check out Find my iPhone for GPS location.
    07-30-2013 09:00 AM
    There are a number of options that when combined work nicely to create a safe experience for your child.
    1. Built-in restrictions in iOS: iOS: Understanding Restrictions (Parental Controls)
    2. Safe Browser app: How To Setup Parental Controls On iPhone & iPod Touch
    3. Parental controls offered by your carrier: AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless, for example

Hope this helps.
    07-31-2013 04:17 PM
    So I've searched a bit tonight for some good parental monitoring tracking read my son's messages as he's now talking with girls etc on his iPhone 4S. Is there any apps that will do this without the phone having to be jail broken?

Thank you in advance
    Chuck
    11-14-2013 09:26 PM
    So I've searched a bit tonight for some good parental monitoring tracking read my son's messages as he's now talking with girls etc on his iPhone 4S. Is there any apps that will do this without the phone having to be jail broken?

Thank you in advance
    Chuck
    Or you could

A. Trust your kid. (Can't trust a teenage boy, I know this for I am one.)

B. Just take his phone and look through it, that's what my dad used to do.

No need for the secret checking of messages, and this GPS tracking thing should be illegal.
    bxnextel86 likes this.
    11-18-2013 12:17 AM
    Or you could

A. Trust your kid. (Can't trust a teenage boy, I know this for I am one.)

B. Just take his phone and look through it, that's what my dad used to do.

No need for the secret checking of messages, and this GPS tracking thing should be illegal.
    Why would it be illegal? Legally, parents are responsible for the child both to ensure the child's health and to ensure the child isn't violating laws. They SHOULD know where their child is at. Why would a tool to allow this to happen easier be illegal?

By the logic you've used, cell phones allow a parent to call their child to find out their location. As such, it should be illegal for teens to have cell phones. How silly does that sound?
    11-18-2013 12:51 AM
    Why would it be illegal? Legally, parents are responsible for the child both to ensure the child's health and to ensure the child isn't violating laws. They SHOULD know where their child is at. Why would a tool to allow this to happen easier be illegal?

By the logic you've used, cell phones allow a parent to call their child to find out their location. As such, it should be illegal for teens to have cell phones. How silly does that sound?
    I completely understand what you're saying. I'm not a parent myself, and I do take back saying that it should be illegal, that was dumb. I guess I just feel bad for those kids, because I went through high school and my parents never did the whole gps tracking thing. To me it's just kinda weird. I had a friend who's parents put a gps tracker in her car. I find it a little overbearing myself. But all parents are different, and they'll do what they want to do. I just don't find it necessary.
    11-18-2013 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD