All----- I am currently on 6.1.2 and Iphone 5 is jailbroken. I am having some serious issues. I would like to redo my phone. Can you please help and give directions on how to do this? Thanks.....
    07-03-2013 07:06 AM
    You cannot redo a jailbreak and you cannot restore to 6.1.2. You can either update to 6.1.4, or try to figure out what is causing your issues and fix them.
    07-03-2013 09:50 AM
    Not true, you can reset your phone back to factory and keep your jailbreak all done on your phone. Search in YouTube "ilex rat". I used this and it worked great!
    07-04-2013 03:39 AM
    Try Semi-Restore, google it...
    07-04-2013 06:29 AM
    Try Semi-Restore, google it...
    Semi-Restore does not remove the jailbreak so that a user can re-apply it. The phone remains jailbroken. Furthermore, the OP of this thread has already used Semi-Restore.
    07-04-2013 08:02 AM
    Not true, you can reset your phone back to factory and keep your jailbreak all done on your phone. Search in YouTube "ilex rat". I used this and it worked great!
    I'm not sure "true" means what you think it means.

She claimed you cannot "redo a jailbreak." She also claimed "you cannot restore to 6.1.2"

You claimed it wasn't true and that you had found a way to "reset your phone back to factory" and "keep the jailbreak." The two are contradictions. By definition, a jailbroken phone is not factory. A contradiction in terms is what we would call "not true."

What you've done with ilex rat is similar to the semi-restore option currently available. The poster also tried that technique.

Neither of these options restore you to 6.1.2 factory.

Neither of these put your phone into a state that you can run jailbreak tools on. If you try to jailbreak again, the tools will error out.

Please refrain from using "big words" until you understand their meaning?
    07-04-2013 01:29 PM
    Well I can honestly tell you that I used Semi-Restore and had all kinds of crashing problems. When I used ILex Rat my phone worked flawlessly.... Thanks for all of the help........
    07-06-2013 06:01 PM
    "natasftw" Really? This is suppose to be a forum for people to help each other not put people down? The op was asking for a way go back to stock but keep there jailbreak. Thats what I lex rat does and it does it well. Fixed my problems that I had. I figured I would pass it on.

Ken
    07-08-2013 06:28 PM
    "natasftw" Really? This is suppose to be a forum for people to help each other not put people down? The op was asking for a way go back to stock but keep there jailbreak. Thats what I lex rat does and it does it well. Fixed my problems that I had. I figured I would pass it on.

Ken
    You're under the impression that I was the only insulting one in that? You essentially called the poster ahead of you a liar. Yet, nothing said in their post was untrue.

What was contained in your post didn't meet what the OP was asking for. They posted several threads. Each of the threads included a piece of their impossible desire.

If you wish to complain about the way I replied to you, perhaps consider the way you stated what you did. You could have just as easily said "This is close to what you're asking for. Try it." Don't be argumentative and then pout when others return the favor.
    07-08-2013 07:54 PM
    Not pouting just surprised that someone would take the time to nit pick someone's response rather than help the op :/ but to each his own
    07-09-2013 03:01 AM