Hi All

I'm new to JailBreaking but have been really disappointed with what I've seen of the up and coming iOS7 so far. I much prefer the look and behavior of iOS6 and am on a non JB iPhone 4 running iOS6.1.3.

I would however LOVE to have a today function in my lock screen, and for this alone think it's worth investigating JB. I do reboot quite a lot though so would really be looking for an untethered jailbreak. I've found a couple but when checking out reviews have found plenty saying that they are fake and scams.

Does anyone know of a working untethered JB for 6.1.3 or am I stuck as it is if I dont want to go for iOS7..?

Thanks in advance

Chris :-)
    06-30-2013 11:51 AM
    Hi All

I'm new to JailBreaking but have been really disappointed with what I've seen of the up and coming iOS7 so far. I much prefer the look and behavior of iOS6 and am on a non JB iPhone 4 running iOS6.1.3.

I would however LOVE to have a today function in my lock screen, and for this alone think it's worth investigating JB. I do reboot quite a lot though so would really be looking for an untethered jailbreak. I've found a couple but when checking out reviews have found plenty saying that they are fake and scams.

Does anyone know of a working untethered JB for 6.1.3 or am I stuck as it is if I dont want to go for iOS7..?

Thanks in advance

Chris :-)

U can u evasi0n to jailbreak ur i4 but it will be semi-untethered. Better than nothing
    06-30-2013 12:26 PM
    Thanks rdiddy

I've not done a JB before... wasn't really clear on what a "semi-untethered JB" means.

Is there an explaination anywhere and a how to guide?
    06-30-2013 12:50 PM
    Thanks rdiddy

I've not done a JB before... wasn't really clear on what a "semi-untethered JB" means.

Is there an explaination anywhere and a how to guide?

Here u go:
    Semi-UnTethered Jailbreak: A Semi-UnTethered Jailbreak means that you still have a Tethered Jailbreak but if you loose power or your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad crashes it will re-boot into a semi-functioning state where you can use apps such as Phone/SMS. To put your iDevice back into a functioning and Jailbroken state you will need to plug your iDevice back into your computer and re-run the jailbreaking tool you originally used to jailbreak your iDevice.
    06-30-2013 01:13 PM
    When did they update evasi0n to work with the 6.1.3 workaround? That was only on redsn0w
    06-30-2013 11:53 PM
    Technically redsn0w is using the evasi0n hack, but Natasha is right--for 6.1.3 you must use redsn0w.
    07-01-2013 05:41 PM