Hey Everyone...

Nice to meet you all... ^_^

Well i have a iphone.. and im not sure whether it is iPhone 3G or 3Gs??? So how do i check it?

and i would like to jailbreak it so i can use any sim card from my country "India".

and i would like it to be untethered so that i dont jave to use my system everytime i need to reboot the mobile...

so is there a way to do this guys??

hope u can help me..

Thanks.. ^_^
    06-29-2013 12:32 PM
    You can find out which phone you have by going to settings, general, about. Look for model. Put that model into google and it'll tell you which you have.

Jailbreaking won't solve your problem. You're looking for an unlock, not a jailbreak. While you can jailbreak as well, that offers different functionality than an unlock.

As far as the jailbreak, you'll want to check out your version of ios to get any more advice there. That's also in the same settings I told you about before as "version"
    syaoran7li likes this.
    06-29-2013 01:06 PM
    You can find out which phone you have by going to settings, general, about. Look for model. Put that model into google and it'll tell you which you have.

Jailbreaking won't solve your problem. You're looking for an unlock, not a jailbreak. While you can jailbreak as well, that offers different functionality than an unlock.

As far as the jailbreak, you'll want to check out your version of ios to get any more advice there. That's also in the same settings I told you about before as "version"
    Thanks for the reply...

Its Iphone 3G..
    so how do i unlock it???

version is 4.2.1(8C148)
    06-29-2013 01:16 PM
    Thanks for the reply...

Its Iphone 3G..
    so how do i unlock it???

version is 4.2.1(8C148)

You'll probably want to update your iOS version first because mostly all apps need to be on 5.x.x minimum. You'll want to get a hardware unlock that way u don't have to worry about losing ur unlock if u update ur iOS in the future. There are plenty available online and on eBay as well for less that $10. Good luck
    syaoran7li likes this.
    06-29-2013 01:46 PM
    You'll probably want to update your iOS version first because mostly all apps need to be on 5.x.x minimum. You'll want to get a hardware unlock that way u don't have to worry about losing ur unlock if u update ur iOS in the future. There are plenty available online and on eBay as well for less that $10. Good luck
    Well my current OS version is 4.2.1.. and i think the maximum OS Level my iphone can be uodated to is 4.2.1
    and so even if i use a software based unlock i dont have to worry about future updates right?
    06-29-2013 02:26 PM
    True, there are other ways to get other versions such as 5.x.x but if you're fine with 4.2.1 then after u jailbreak u can use ultrasn0w in Cydia to unlock ur 3G
    syaoran7li likes this.
    06-29-2013 03:29 PM
    well 4.2.1 is fine for me.. so how do i unlock and jailbreak it...?
    06-29-2013 03:32 PM
    Use Greenpois0n to jailbreak ur iPhone. Then in Cydia, run ultrasn0w to unlock
    syaoran7li likes this.
    06-29-2013 03:58 PM
    Use Greenpois0n to jailbreak ur iPhone. Then in Cydia, run ultrasn0w to unlock
    hmm will try that and get back to u.. ^_^
    06-29-2013 04:11 PM
    i tried green poison but it wont detect my phone.. it says waiting for DFU.. and my phone is in DFU mode... cuz redsnow detects it in DFU mode?

wat to do?

Also itunes detects tat the phone is in recovery mode
    06-30-2013 01:37 PM
    i tried green poison but it wont detect my phone.. it says waiting for DFU.. and my phone is in DFU mode... cuz redsnow detects it in DFU mode?

wat to do?

Also itunes detects tat the phone is in recovery mode
    Was ur phone already activated prior to running greenpois0n? Should only have to run the program and done. Redsn0w an greenpois0n are 2 different jailbreaks, no need to do them both
    syaoran7li likes this.
    06-30-2013 03:54 PM
    Well jailbreak will make your phone to download paid apps for free.But if you have a new phone i will recommend you not to put jailbreak now.
    syaoran7li likes this.
    07-01-2013 01:05 AM
    Was ur phone already activated prior to running greenpois0n? Should only have to run the program and done. Redsn0w an greenpois0n are 2 different jailbreaks, no need to do them both

well ya it was.. but then i restored it completely using ituned and only after that i tried with greenpoison...
    07-01-2013 01:22 AM
    Hey everyone,

I solved my problem by suing Redsnow and installing ipad baseband and also installing ultrasnow using cydia...

so thanks everyone for helping me fix my problem..

Thanks.. ^_^
    07-03-2013 08:22 AM
    If you can, try downgrading to 3GS baseband. There are tutorials at iClarified. That will reenable your GPS.
    07-03-2013 09:53 AM