Hello,

I've got a jailbroken iPad 2 3G with iOS6.
    I'd like to make phone calls with it. Is there any way to do it (preferably for free)?

Thanks,
    peoro!
    06-28-2013 02:01 PM
    Hello,

I've got a jailbroken iPad 2 3G with iOS6.
    I'd like to make phone calls with it. Is there any way to do it (preferably for free)?

Thanks,
    peoro!
    1st off, welcome to iMore! There are a few apps that do this and don't require a jailbreak. Viber is one and Google Voice is another. Give them a try. Good luck
    06-28-2013 08:10 PM
    Hello rdiddy_25, and thanks for the welcome and the answer.
    The solution you proposed is not what I'm looking for though.
    I've got a SIM card which I can put in my iPad2. I'd like to use this SIM card to make phone calls (I don't want to make phone calls over the Internet, and I want that anybody with any phone can call my number, without needing special applications).
    I read that there are some programs for jailbroken iPads that basically turn it into an iPhone, allowing it to use the SIM card to make phone calls: like Phone It Ipad, PhoneItiPad | JailbreakiOSX , but it looks like it's not working on iOS6.

Is there any other solution?
    rdiddy_25 likes this.
    07-05-2013 06:37 AM
    Hello rdiddy_25, and thanks for the welcome and the answer.
    The solution you proposed is not what I'm looking for though.
    I've got a SIM card which I can put in my iPad2. I'd like to use this SIM card to make phone calls (I don't want to make phone calls over the Internet, and I want that anybody with any phone can call my number, without needing special applications).
    I read that there are some programs for jailbroken iPads that basically turn it into an iPhone, allowing it to use the SIM card to make phone calls: like Phone It Ipad, PhoneItiPad | JailbreakiOSX , but it looks like it's not working on iOS6.

Is there any other solution?

Although u have a SIM card in your iPad, it's for data only. It will not call or receive calls to that number which is why u have to use an app for that purpose. Hope this clarifies it for u
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    07-05-2013 04:25 PM
    Thanks again for the answer.

The SIM card in my iPad can make phone calls (if I put it on a phone); iOS for iPad just intentionally disabled this feature for some reasons beyond my knowledge.
    Some tweak for jailbroken iPads (like the one I mentioned) are capable of re-enabling it, nd that's what I'm looking for.

My issue is that the app I mentioned (phone-it-iPad) only works with iPad, and not with iPad2.
    Is there any alternative for a jailbroken iPad2 running iOS6?
    07-09-2013 06:00 PM
    Did you ever find a solution?
    With ios7 Jailbreak just released I'm also looking to enable 3G calls on my iPad 2.
    12-23-2013 06:40 AM
    You don't need a special application to call a Google Voice number.
    12-23-2013 11:50 AM