NCSettings Update Incorporates Flipswitch Standard

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Popular jailbreak tweak NCSettings got a rare update today, months after the developer announced that he would no longer be actively working on it.

Luckily for users, the update brings the integration of Flipswitch, a new package from Ryan Petrich (Activator, etc) that aims to become a new standard for tweaks that use iOS settings toggles. Think NCSettings, SBSettings, Auxo, and so on.

Essentially, the new standard will mean that any third party developer will be free to make and release their own toggles for any tweak that uses Flipswitch—meaning users won’t be reliant on a single developer to update a package, and developers won’t be stuck trying to please every last customer toggle request. Additionally, Flipswitch also supports custom Activator actions, letting you extend the usefulness of settings toggles.

More details and a video about Flipswitch are at iDownloadblog. To find the update to NCSettings, be sure to add the developer’s repo to your Cydia sources:
Code:
http://cydia.myrepospace.com/JamieD360/

(Source)

One note: on first installing the update, users will need to reset their NCSettings toggle layout.

Last edited:

qwasqwas11

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It won't update for me, gives me a "required dependencies or conflicts..." error, can someone help me?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited:

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting errors with the tweak from cydia. It let me install but I get a bad error code now for some reason.

I reset the toggles to the way I wanted and it reverts back to the standard setting.

Tried a reinstall/remove and that didnt work either. Any other options, should I just remove the source all together?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2