Emulating iOS 7

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm really starting to like pw5a29.
He keeps improving/adding to this theme.

Among yesterday's changes were an option for black icon labels, which work much better against the light coloured wallpaper I'm using.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure out how to get my dock looking clear again after the update help!

There's so many themes to enable in Winterboard I confuse myself

Nevermind I figured it out. Didn't have ios7 springboard enabled!

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Now the sliders in Settings are white buttons that you can't see.
For someone who's never used an iOS device before, making a button invisible seems anything but intuitive, because you have to know where to look.

This is not a knock against the theme.
If this is what the UI in iOS 7 is like, it doesn't make sense to me.

Ask and you shall receive. I sent an email to pw and it's fixed. :)

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have to hand it to pw5a29; not only is the theme great, but the time put into it is impressive. He is quick with responses (I am assuming...according to johndhynes's post), and the updates are constant! Excellent work, and thank you from myself and everyone else who is enjoying this theme!

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
That's not specifically an iOS 7 feature. Just double-click the home button on any iPhone. You don't even need to be jailbroken, but I think that there are some enhanced tweaks available in Cydia.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just installed theme, but had to disable the notification center and lockscreen themes
to use intelliscreenX. Anyone else encounter this issue?

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I just installed theme, but had to disable the notification center and lockscreen themes to use intelliscreenX. Anyone else encounter this issue?

I don't use IntelliscreenX and don't know anything specifically, but it's not surprising that two different tweaks would be incompatible. That's a normal part of jailbreaking. That's likely why you have the option to enable and disable each feature separately. Since IntelliscreenX is not part of iOS 7, of course they're gonna conflict.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
With the last update, everytime I tried to update this theme in Cydia it says error. I tried deleting the theme and reinstalling, but I still get the error. Now I can't even download this theme. Very unfortumate. Anyone else having the same issue?

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Thread bump for the iOS 7 theme by pw5a29.

He's been updating/improving it twice a week since it came out.
It's a great theme that keeps getting better.

With the last update, everytime I tried to update this theme in Cydia it says error. I tried deleting the theme and reinstalling, but I still get the error. Now I can't even download this theme. Very unfortumate. Anyone else having the same issue?

Have you downloaded anything else from Cydia that might be causing a conflict?

Or maybe you have something else active in winterboard?

You could try emailing him through Cydia for help. He will respond.
Or through twitter.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Lazy, I hadn't downloaded anything else since the theme. I ended up deleting it and trying to reinstall, which had the same error occor.

I let it sit a few days, tried again, and it worked. So I have no idea what happened! Works now, so I'm a happy camper once more. Thanks for the advice though!

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
One problem with the iOS 7 theme is that the dock moves with the background if you have a parallax-style tweak like 3DBackground or DeepEnd. Well, now there's a tweak to fix that. Instead of using the Winterboard dock theme, install CopyDock by vmanot. Then you can move around your iPhone and your dock will stay in place. As iOS 7 comes closer to being released, you can keep your iOS 6 jailbreak and near-perfect iOS 7 style at the same time.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
So, I went to school today, and everyone was talking about the new iPhones. So I said, you wanna see what the new phones look like? Just look at mine!

They were totally convinced I had iOS 7. I pointed out the new icons, the dots replacing bars, the new lockscreen using Move2Unlock, and the parallax wallpaper with DeepEnd. One person asked about multitasking, so I showed him CardSwitcher.

Another said he's thinking of switching to Android, and wanted to know if iOS 7 would change his mind. I didn't have time to get into it, but I did point out that anything you can do on Android, you can accomplish by jailbreaking.

Since I'm keeping my jailbreak on this phone, I won't have real iOS 7 on it, but I can at least look like I do, and have much of the new functionality, while keeping my jailbreak. (I'll be upgrading my other devices.)

I've had others notice in the past few weeks, like when I set my phone down next to the cash register in a store, the clerk recognized iOS 7.

jjj651

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So I've got the theme installed but the folders seem kind of weird. The background is way too small for how the icons are arranged. And sometimes the status bar is invisible. Anyone else has this problem?

reja6eha.jpg

yjepusa6.jpg

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
So I've got the theme installed but the folders seem kind of weird. The background is way too small for how the icons are arranged. And sometimes the status bar is invisible. Anyone else has this problem?
Read the FAQ in the settings app for iOS 7 Theme. The iOS 7 status bar is supposed to be invisible some times. Winterboard themes are either always on or always off, so if you don't want this to happen, you can turn it off in Winterboad, but then it will no longer look like the iOS 7 status bar anywhere else. That's why this theme is broken into a bunch of separate themes in Winterboard.

That is what the folder backgrounds look like in iOS 7. Icon placement cannot be controlled by a Winterboard theme. You must use a separate tweak, and it appears that you are already using one to rearrange your icons. I tried using Iconoclasm, but it seriously messed up my phone, so I gave up. Again, you can choose to disable the folder theme, or you can try arranging the icons to fit, or just leave it as it is. It looks as though you have 4 rows with the bottom one blank, so try it with 5, leaving the bottom 2 blank. What are you using to arrange your icons, BTW?

Again, it is impossible to completely duplicate iOS 7 just using a Winterboard theme. Various jailbreak tweaks are required for some features. Some of them do not yet exist. For instance, nobody has made a tweak to replicate the control center, although you can use Auxo to do something similar. Some tweaks have already been created, and hopefully more will be released for those of us who don't want to lose our jailbreaks to upgrade to iOS 7.

You can also tweet the author of iOS 7 Theme at @pw5a29.

jjj651

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I am not quite sure how to change the amount of rows in the folders but after playing around with it a bit I got it to look like this
any3apyb.jpg

I just enabled the borders in folder enhancer's settings and it pulled the background down so now it looks a lot better. I'm using iconoclasm like it told me in the settings. I can live with this look until the iOS 7 jailbreak comes out. Thanks for the help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro