Tweaks and resources used question

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
I am wondering how much resources tweaks use up on your device.
For example, if a tweak (ie. activator, lastApp,etc) is idle in the background, do they still consume RAM &/or processing power? Or do they only use up RAM and processing power when they are active or called into action?
I am curious if one can have too many tweaks?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,
I am wondering how much resources tweaks use up on your device.
For example, if a tweak (ie. activator, lastApp,etc) is idle in the background, do they still consume RAM &/or processing power? Or do they only use up RAM and processing power when they are active or called into action?
I am curious if one can have too many tweaks?

Most tweaks run in the background and consume some RAM which can slow down ur device.

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Most tweaks run in the background and consume some RAM which can slow down ur device.

Thanks for your input rdiddy.
So does this mean that aesthetic changes such as BlurredNcBackground also uses RAM and cpu even the notification bar isnt used?

It will be great if developers include the amount resources required to run their tweaks so users can 'manage' their device. Unless there is already a way to figure it out.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it will. They all will, to a small extent. It would be nice if we could know the exact numbers, but a tweak like activator that has to be called on uses less than Winterboard, which is constantly active and changing images.

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you both for your input.
I will be more choosy regarding tweaks i would like to install:)
But its so hard because there are so many good ones that just eases the way i use my phone everyday!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner