I have a jailbroken iphone 5 16gb v6.1.2.
    When I bought my iphone it was v6.1. I downloaded in itunes v6.1.2.
    I want to buy a new iphone 5 64gb. I assume that it will come from the store v6.1.
    My question is if I can disconnect the internet connection from my computer, connect my new iphone to my computer, and upgrade it in itunes to v6.1.2 (the last version I downloaded in itunes), and then jailbreak it, and restore it with the backup of my old iphone 5 16gb.
    If its possible, then I can semi-restore my old iphone 5 16gb, and sell it.
    06-13-2013 09:13 AM
    What carrier on you on? Id be willing to buy it jailbroken. My 4 is currently jailbroken
    06-13-2013 12:38 PM
    No, this would not work. There is no current way to restore an iPhone 5 to anything but 6.1.4.
    06-13-2013 03:02 PM
    I have a jailbroken iphone 5 16gb v6.1.2.
    When I bought my iphone it was v6.1. I downloaded in itunes v6.1.2.
    I want to buy a new iphone 5 64gb. I assume that it will come from the store v6.1.
    My question is if I can disconnect the internet connection from my computer, connect my new iphone to my computer, and upgrade it in itunes to v6.1.2 (the last version I downloaded in itunes), and then jailbreak it, and restore it with the backup of my old iphone 5 16gb.
    If its possible, then I can semi-restore my old iphone 5 16gb, and sell it.
    Nope won't work

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    06-13-2013 05:30 PM
    A moderator changed the title of my thread.
    The original title of my thread was: "Can I restore my iphone without an internet connection?"
    I know that there will be a way to semi-restore my old iphone before selling it. But, this wasnt my question.
    I asked if I can upgrade a new bought iphone to v6.1.2, using itunes, without downloading v6.1.4 from the internet.

I will make it more clear:
    I already downloaded to my computer v6.1.2 using itunes, and upgraded my old iphone.
    itunes told me that there is a new version of itunes ready to be downloaded. But, I didnt download it.
    I ant to buy a new iphone, and I assume that it will come in v6.1.
    I want to connect my new iphone to my computer (after disconnecting the internet connection), and upgrade it.

My question is if itunes will upgrade my new iphone to v6.1.2 (which was the last version downloaded), or if it will insist that I will connect to the internet and download v6.1.4.

p.s.
    My phone is opened to all the carriers.
    06-13-2013 05:48 PM
    The answer is still no. 6.1.2 cannot be restored to in any way on an iPhone 5.
    06-13-2013 07:42 PM
    A moderator changed the title of my thread.
    The original title of my thread was: "Can I restore my iphone without an internet connection?"
    I know that there will be a way to semi-restore my old iphone before selling it. But, this wasnt my question.
    I asked if I can upgrade a new bought iphone to v6.1.2, using itunes, without downloading v6.1.4 from the internet.

I will make it more clear:
    I already downloaded to my computer v6.1.2 using itunes, and upgraded my old iphone.
    itunes told me that there is a new version of itunes ready to be downloaded. But, I didnt download it.
    I ant to buy a new iphone, and I assume that it will come in v6.1.
    I want to connect my new iphone to my computer (after disconnecting the internet connection), and upgrade it.

My question is if itunes will upgrade my new iphone to v6.1.2 (which was the last version downloaded), or if it will insist that I will connect to the internet and download v6.1.4.

p.s.
    My phone is opened to all the carriers.
    Your question was answered regardless.

The LTE functionality users would expect is not the same on all versions of the iphone.. Refusing to answer if it were the gsm or cdma model will hurt your sales attempts.

Make it as "clear" as you'd like. What you downloaded then isn't relevant. What you did then isn't relevant. Today isn't then. You can't do it. Your new phone won't likely come with 6.1, it'll come with 6.1.2 or 6.1.3 most likely. It won't upgrade without connecting to the internet, ever. To restore to ANY iOS it requires approval from Apple's servers. Even if you still could restore to 6.1.2, it'd require the approval.
    06-14-2013 02:14 AM
    Ok. So, I understand that I must have an internet connection, in order to upgrade my iphone's firmware. That's a pity!

I wish that there was an external tool that allows to update firmwares without the itunes. I hate itunes!

Bassically, it should be as "legal" as jailbreaking is.
    06-14-2013 08:49 AM
    Ok. So, I understand that I must have an internet connection, in order to upgrade my iphone's firmware. That's a pity!

I wish that there was an external tool that allows to update firmwares without the itunes. I hate itunes!

Bassically, it should be as "legal" as jailbreaking is.
    Even if that existed, it still wouldn't work without being signed by apple, which is what the shsh is for. On top of that, there is no way to trick the iPhone 5 like there is for the 4. That was hardware which apple fixed.
    06-14-2013 09:58 AM