i didn't do anything crazy, i installed a battery tweak and when i respringed the phone, it got stuck on the apple boot logo screen...i've tried doing a hard reset to no avail, is there any way to get my phone back without losing my jb? also, if restoring is my last resort, is there any way to restore back to 6.0.1 or do i have to go the latest one? and would i be able to back up my phone in the boot logo screen b/c i haven't backed up in a couple weeks too! please help!
    06-02-2013 10:59 AM
    Boot Loop Tip

Recently many people have fallen prey to the boot loop issue after installing a jailbreak tweak. The phone reboots, Apple logo shows up then goes dim and reboots. You can access your file system via SSH but cannot get into safe mode. I suffered this problem along with many others and it seems Cydia dev @saurik had received tons of emails on how to fix the problem. Luckily there is a fix where you need to remove two files on your device so your springboard can reload its file system.

First you need to SSH into the file system and find these 2 files
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Once you find them don't delete them just in case
    change them to
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore.bak
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist.bak

This basically renders them invisible, you can go and delete them later, always good to keep a backup

Once you have changed the name reboot.
    Upon reboot you will notice all your stock apps are there and your installed cydia apps but NO appstore apps.
    DONT PANIC

Just sit back and chill as iOS will slowly rebuild your apps on the springboard. I have over 300 apps on mine so it took a couple of minutes.
    Once all your apps are showing go into Cydia and remove the offending tweak. Should work perfect.

Then go back into iFile and removed the files you changed to .bak.

You can also use this method if you have jailbroken your device and Siri stops opening apps.
    jaguar11 and Laelipoo like this.
    06-02-2013 02:02 PM
    Thank you soooo soooo much!!!
    06-02-2013 03:22 PM
    Btw was it Battery Doctor Pro you installed? I've heard a lot of horror stories involving that tweak.
    06-02-2013 08:22 PM
    Btw was it Battery Doctor Pro you installed? I've heard a lot of horror stories involving that tweak.
    No, it was not but it was a battery related tweak. It was Live Battery Indicator.
    06-02-2013 11:55 PM
    Safe to assume that worked?
    06-02-2013 11:59 PM
    Safe to assume that worked?
    Yes sir!
    06-03-2013 12:02 AM