Sync Apps with iTunes to Restore Old App Version

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Say I have an older IPA of an app I purchased that is no longer offered by the App Store, can I install/sync the old version using iTunes without messing up springboard items such as FolderEnhancer?

Is there a way to install an IPA directly from the iDevice?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
you should be able to install the app from iTunes with out messing things up. But don't quote me on that.

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, supposedly IconSupport will prevent issues, then of course there's always PKGBackup, but I just don't trust iTunes, never have, it always has a mind of its own. Has for the past 8 or so years.

So to save myself the hassle, I installed the IPA directly from my phone. I would say how, but I'm not so sure if that's allowed here, because even though I actually purchased this app, someone else could use this method to install cracked apps.

For the record, I don't steal apps, I pay for them. I just didn't want my jailbreak screwed up.

That's the only problem with iOS, if I screw up, I could potentially end up unjailbroken, which would really suck. I'd rather use Android than unjailbroken iOS.

Really wish someone could come up with a solution to the jailbreak restore. I had to wait FOREVER for the iOS 6 jailbreak. Then, of course, just barely over a month later Apple screwed us jailbreakers all-the-while "thanking" the jailbreaking crew in their usual smarmy fashion. So now we most likely get to wait for iOS 7 and we'll probably get another jailbreak 5 months later only for it to be closed a month later.

Don't get me wrong, the simplicity of iOS is probably what makes it so popular, but I'm just getting tired of the way Apple insists that it's their way or the highway.

If/when they finally do abolish all chances of jailbreaking, I bet you that iOS will lose a lot of folks to Android. 7+ million copies of evasi0n were downloaded. I guess there's something like 50 million iPhones in use, so that's about 15% of iOS devices jailbroken, and that's not even including the older iOS releases. Apple will be shooting themselves in the foot. iPhone "loyalty" has already fallen in 2012 for the first time since iPhone's release, presumably due to bad press (Foxconn,) and a general lack of innovation. iOS has barely changed since 2007 and it's getting to be a bit stale. Many of the new features in the newer iOS releases were already in the older jailbroken versions.

Let's just hope that things change with iOS 7 and iPhone 5s/6.

/rant

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2