iPhone 5 on ios 6.0 wont jailbreak??

morrissey2

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am using evasi0n to try and jailbreak my wifes phone. I do all the proper steps and nothing happens (I have already unlocked 3 other devices using this with no problem). The only difference I can see is a notification for ios 6.1.4 pops ip. Can this be stopping the jailbreak? Is there anything I can do? It looks like the jailbreak is working but when it gets to the step about tapping the jailbreak app, there is no app to be found.

thanks a bunch!:confused::confused::confused:

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about a popup in intunes on your pc? If so, try closing itunes on your computer before attempting to jailbreak the phone.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
FYI, you haven't unlocked any phones using evasi0n.

Close iTunes. Close Xcode, if you have it. Try again.

As a general rule, disable iTunes from checking for updates if you're planning to jailbreak. You can always manually check on your own.

morrissey2

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Its a popup on the phone itself. Its the only thing different I can see. Any way to disable that on the phone itself? Now another problem has occurred. The time zone setting (where the exploit is i think) is all screwy and out of whack. No idea how to fix that or the jailbreak. Wife is pretty pissed! Thanks for the help so far.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You can choose to manually set time in settings. Rarely, I've seen iPhones have issues with time zones, both jailbroken and pure.

Massie, I'm pretty sure evasi0n tells you when the phone isn't supported.

morrissey2

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Yup, 6.0 for sure. I am changing her settings but facetime only works when set time automatically is on. Don't want to update for obvious reasons though that might fix problem.

morrissey2

May 31, 2013
Visit site
ok, if no love for that, how about this. Anyway to update the 6.0 to something like 6.0.1.? I guess apple isnt signing the older ones anymore so cant do it through itunes. Any suggestions?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
ok, if no love for that, how about this. Anyway to update the 6.0 to something like 6.0.1.? I guess apple isnt signing the older ones anymore so cant do it through itunes. Any suggestions?

That's definitely a no go. You'll need to figure out what's hanging it up with your current attempts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro