Help Wanted with Possible Jailbreak Issue

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an offer for four people jailbroken on an iPhone 5 using evasi0n.

I've been trying to troubleshoot an issue with the developer of Kinotopic (a great cinemagraph app). This is an app that allows you to animate only part of a video frame, creating the effect of a still photo with a single moving part. (If you've seen the Harry Potter movies, you'll know the effect from its use in photos and newspapers in the films; see some examples here: Kinotopic)

The issue is that, for some reason, the selective animation isn't working on my iPhone 5. Instead, the entire frame remains animated, resulting in a normal looking video. It works perfectly on my stock iPad Mini, making me think it might be a conflict with my jailbreak.

The developer has been incredibly helpful, and has given me four promo codes for the Pro version of his app, known as Kinotopic+. If anyone is interested in trying the app, pm me for a code—all I ask is that you be jailbroken on evasi0n and on an iPhone 5, and be willing to give me some feedback on how the app works for you. Hopefully we can solve the issue by comparing Cydia installations and so on.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have an offer for four people jailbroken on an iPhone 5 using evasi0n.

I've been trying to troubleshoot an issue with the developer of Kinotopic (a great cinemagraph app). This is an app that allows you to animate only part of a video frame, creating the effect of a still photo with a single moving part. (If you've seen the Harry Potter movies, you'll know the effect from its use in photos and newspapers in the films; see some examples here: Kinotopic)

The issue is that, for some reason, the selective animation isn't working on my iPhone 5. Instead, the entire frame remains animated, resulting in a normal looking video. It works perfectly on my stock iPad Mini, making me think it might be a conflict with my jailbreak.

The developer has been incredibly helpful, and has given me four promo codes for the Pro version of his app, known as Kinotopic+. If anyone is interested in trying the app, pm me for a code?all I ask is that you be jailbroken on evasi0n and on an iPhone 5, and be willing to give me some feedback on how the app works for you. Hopefully we can solve the issue by comparing Cydia installations and so on.

Thanks for the help!

I'm willing to help, I have what you ask but have very little video editing experience.

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
6.1.2 evasion iPhone 5 here. Ready and willing to help test this one out. Sounds like a good project.

PM sent. 2 codes left!

One note: I'd really appreciate it if anyone helping out could also use AppInfo (free in Cydia) to export a list of their installed Cydia packages (AppInfo>Packages>Export>Simple List>you can email it to yourself and just copy/paste it into a PM to me if you don't want it public). One of the reasons for doing this whole thing is to narrow down the list of conflicts, and it will be a big help to be able to compare our various installs.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Check your inbox. One code left!

Thanks to WreakingHavoc, we have already confirmed that this IS a jailbreak related issue (but not something put in place by the developer—using xCon does nothing here) so the big push now is to isolate the conflict by comparing our tweak lists, etc. Hopefully, the issue will be minor and not something deep in Mobile Substrate.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Tested it out and it works fine on my phone. Was able to make two kinotopic pics from the app. I didnt have many videos so i made one with my cat blinking her eyes. I emailed one to myself to confirm nothing else is moving when viewed from my pc.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
UPS925: Would you mind installing AppInfo from Cydia and copying over a list of your installations. (In AppInfo, select Packages, then Export, then Simple List.) It could be a HUGE help in figuring out the conflict and will only take a second (instead of having you manually write out everything you have in Cydia.)

Thanks!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Massie, I have it on my non-JB'd iP5 and it works. At least the non-pro version does. Let me know if you want me to test something for you.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but we have narrowed it down as a definite jb issue?it will work in Safe Mode and even on certain jailbroken devices?so the game now is to isolate the specific app or tweak causing the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox