Jailbreaking

dmac1497

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My iPod 4G is running 6.3.1, but I want to downgrade it to 6.2.1 or lower for a jailbreak. The porblem is that my power button's broken, so I can't enter DFU mode. I tried doing the thing throug redsn0w and restoring through iTunes, but it doesn't work. Help?

iSmileyFace

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
How did you get 6.3.1? Are you some sort of time traveller that has travelled to the future and updated your iPod to 6.3.1 and forgot to downgrade it when you returned? Or did you mean 6.1.3? In that case, you can't downgrade unless you're currently jailbroken and have ssh blobs

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you can enter dfu mode via assisting touch. Give it a try with redsnow. Otherwise just keep trying with your power button. Hopefully you can get it to work the one time you need it to work.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
How did you get 6.3.1? Are you some sort of time traveller that has travelled to the future and updated your iPod to 6.3.1 and forgot to downgrade it when you returned? Or did you mean 6.1.3? In that case, you can't downgrade unless you're currently jailbroken and have ssh blobs

After the failed attempt at humor, your advice wasn't accurate either.

He would need the SHSH blobs from the firmware he wanted to be at.

SSH is a file transfer protocol used to tunnel into your phone. It has nothing to do with downgrading.
Currently being jailbroken has nothing to do with your ability to downgrade.

Andrew Lovett

May 27, 2013
Visit site
i have an iphone 4 i have tried to download the software on to my computer but i have an acer google chrome book dont know much about it and when i try to download the software it tells me i need to download an app on google web store for my computer to hold the software thanks