Is there a way to jailbreak a 3GS with 6.1.3?

Green Grande

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I was able to get snowbreeze to work and used a 6.0 IPSW but when trying to restore on itunes it wouldnt verify with apple. I have a lot of people telling me to update my hosts file but that didnt do anything. Is there a good method for 6.1.3? Should I use something other than snowbreeze? I returned the phone back to normal but I want to try again and get it to work on my 3rd attempt. Any tips?

Edit: important note that when I try to open the redsnow .exe file, windows says "windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. You may not have the permissions to access the items." despite opening as administrator. I'm stuck trying to do an untethered jailbreak because of this roadblock.

Last edited:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You already asked this in another thread. Starting a new one won't offer any more clarity.

You're stuck trying to get an untethered jailbreak because you're on 6.1.3. The roadblock you're running into has nothing to do with that piece.

You won't be able to restore to 6.0 with iTunes no matter what settings you change. Apple simply isn't signing it. snowbreeze and any other tools you'll find require something called SHSH blobs. If you haven't been jailbroken during the time Apple was signing older versions of iOS, it's very unlikely you have these blobs. They're device specific so there will not be a way for you to acquire them.

If you're using rightclick and "Run as Administrator" and getting that warning from redsn0w, you likely have a corrupt download. Go to: Dev-Team Blog and download the link for 0.9.15b3.

Once you've done that, open up redsn0w. Chose Extras, Select IPSW, point it to the downloaded 6.0 ((only 6.0, not 6.1, not 6.0.1. 6.0)), Hit Back, Choose Jailbreak. Make sure install Cydia is checked. Follow on screen instructions to enter DFU. Cross your fingers. This isn't a fully supported jailbreak so it's quirky. You might have to go back into Extras and choose Just boot to get the device up and try again.

This won't be an untethered jailbreak. It'll be what is called semi-untethered. It will boot up fine, but each time you lose power you'll lose jailbreak capabilities until you plug into redsn0w and choose the Just boot option again.

Green Grande

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much! I found the right way to get redsn0w. I got up to the point where I open up redsn0w and start jail breaking. After I enter DFu mode and it starts, right when it says first stage upload, the screen says "upload failed". Might this be an antivirus problem?

Green Grande

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I also sometimes, now most of the time, have the redsnow program stuck at "Exploiting with limera1n". I've added redsn0w to my apple apps folder to see if it did much and I think it helps the "exploit failed" but I am not getting much info from the limera1n screen

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Does it say anything? It could take a bit sometimes. Antivirus shouldn't be doing anything with this. You're welcome to turn it off and see what happens.

The limerain screen shouldn't give any information if it's operating right. It'll say that, eventually show a couple other messages. Eventually it should say something like congrats.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro