Is there a legit 6.1.3 jailbreak?

Nyan_Cat100

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I searched on google for a jailbreak for a jailbreak for my iPhone 3GS running 6.1.3 and I found a few and I want to know has anyone used any of these tools and workarounds, are they legit and do they work?
I would prefer an unteathered JB as I am away quite a bit without a computer

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Assisting you is important to us and there are times when the members of this community who can best provide you with assistance to your particular issue or concern may not be available at the time of your post so please be patient while awaiting a reply. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the various sections of the iMore forum as well as the iMore Blog and check back periodically for a reply to your post. Thank you.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The only jailbreak is a workaround. Download the 6.0 IPSW for your phone. Link to it in redsn0w. Jailbreak.

It will be semi-untethered. You'll lose your jailbreak tweaks without using redsn0w to boot up, but you'll be able to use your phone in the event of a power down.

Nyan_Cat100

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
The only jailbreak is a workaround. Download the 6.0 IPSW for your phone. Link to it in redsn0w. Jailbreak.

It will be semi-untethered. You'll lose your jailbreak tweaks without using redsn0w to boot up, but you'll be able to use your phone in the event of a power down.
Won't I need to download something from Cydia to turn that teathered JB into a semi-tethered?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
No. It's naturally semi-untethered. You can try to download the evasi0n untether to see if that'll do anything, although I haven't heard anyone suggest it.

iSmileyFace

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought the jailbreak team wasn't going to make one b/c by the time they made it a new update will be out

Yeah it says so here: http://www.redmondpie.com/ios-6.1.3...le-with-evasi0n-as-apple-patches-key-exploit/
Assisting you is important to us and there are times when the members of this community who can best provide you with assistance to your particular issue or concern may not be available at the time of your post so please be patient while awaiting a reply. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the various sections of the iMore forum as well as the iMore Blog and check back periodically for a reply to your post. Thank you.
Also, this is annoying and unhelpful

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I thought the jailbreak team wasn't going to make one b/c by the time they made it a new update will be out

Yeah it says so here: iOS 6.1.3 Jailbreak Will No Longer Be Possible With Evasi0n As Apple Patches Key Exploit | Redmond Pie

Also, this is annoying and unhelpful

Your post was just as annoying and unhelpful.

The article you linked referenced a very specific jailbreak tool. evasion will not work.

However, there is a semi-untethered workaround for older iPhones ((4 and 3GS)) that will work using resn0w.

As you're simply posting an article from February rather than speaking with any actual experience or personal knowledge, how about you avoid telling others what is "unhelpful?"

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Could someone point me to a link? I can't seem to find this workaround or tutorial

Nyan. Download the newest version of redsn0w from the dev-team blog:
Dev-Team Blog

Download the 6.0 IPSW for your device on this page:
iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

Make sure you get the 6.0, not the 6.1.3.

Choose Extras in redsn0w and IPSW. Select the 6.0 IPSW.

Go back to the first page in redsn0w. Choose jailbreak. Follow the onscreen instructions.

If it gives you issues, go back to Extras, choose Just boot. Try the jailbreak again. It's a bit feisty as it isn't officially supported and is just the workaround.

In order to maintain jailbreak tweaks, after any power cycle you'll need to plug back into redsn0w and use that "Just Boot" option. Otherwise you'll be able to boot, but won't maintain jailbreak functionality.

iSmileyFace

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Your post was just as annoying and unhelpful.

The article you linked referenced a very specific jailbreak tool. evasion will not work.

However, there is a semi-untethered workaround for older iPhones ((4 and 3GS)) that will work using resn0w.

As you're simply posting an article from February rather than speaking with any actual experience or personal knowledge, how about you avoid telling others what is "unhelpful?"

At last I'm not posting the same thing on every damn thread that tells no information to the OP regarding their topic what so ever

Nyan_Cat100

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Nyan. Download the newest version of redsn0w from the dev-team blog:
Dev-Team Blog

Download the 6.0 IPSW for your device on this page:
iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

Make sure you get the 6.0, not the 6.1.3.

Choose Extras in redsn0w and IPSW. Select the 6.0 IPSW.

Go back to the first page in redsn0w. Choose jailbreak. Follow the onscreen instructions.

If it gives you issues, go back to Extras, choose Just boot. Try the jailbreak again. It's a bit feisty as it isn't officially supported and is just the workaround.

In order to maintain jailbreak tweaks, after any power cycle you'll need to plug back into redsn0w and use that "Just Boot" option. Otherwise you'll be able to boot, but won't maintain jailbreak functionality.

THANK YOU!!! That guide is all I needed and I will try it when I get back home later and report on any success

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
At last I'm not posting the same thing on every damn thread that tells no information to the OP regarding their topic what so ever

I'd prefer a post say nothing of value than be wrong based on the poster's ignorance on the topic. Saying nothing is much less detrimental than what you did.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I just wish they would come out with a 6.1.3 jailbreak. I know it doesn't really make sense, but iOS 7 isn't going to come out until around September I heard. That sucks. The reason I came back to the iPhone is because my old one was jailbroken and I loved it. Now I can't even jailbreak it and its just boring. I love the phone, don't get me wrong. It's great. I'm rocking the 5 by the way, but yeah. I just now all the other stuff I could be doing with it and I just gotta wait.

I guess patience is a virtue.

Nyan_Cat100

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Why apple dont add a port or something tagging onto the os for jb devs to use rather than exploit holes and bugs the os i have no idea. If they did tag a port onto the os for jb devs they could control the jailbreaks completely eg stop the piracy as that is one of the main reasons for performing a jailbreak (that and customisation)

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Why apple dont add a port or something tagging onto the os for jb devs to use rather than exploit holes and bugs the os i have no idea. If they did tag a port onto the os for jb devs they could control the jailbreaks completely eg stop the piracy as that is one of the main reasons for performing a jailbreak (that and customisation)
I asked one of their engineering team leaders this exact question.

To me, it sounds like a no-brainer. It would keep non-techs in the sandbox and appeal to tech-inclined users.

His answer was actually pretty solid. Essentially:

While there are users that can handle the technical ramifications of a jailbreak, the vast majority of people that jailbreak do so simply for a tweak. When they do this, they would remove themselves from the experience we've spent a great deal of effort to provide. If this removal results in problems, the user tends to blame Apple and it creates bad word of mouth advertising. We believe it's more beneficial to not support the ability to jailbreak so that most users will remain within the Apple experience as we think the experience speaks for itself.

Also, the geniuses already struggle to troubleshoot. Opening up the jailbreak would make it harder to hire minimum wage type employees to perform the task of troubleshooting.

I don't entirely agree with the answer, but I can understand the point of view.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR