Hello this may be a stupid question. My wife has a BlackBerry and she broke it, so her sister has a iphone 3G she is not using anymore. Both cel plans are on Telus, do i need to unlock the phone or just swap the sim cards for the phone to work?
    05-10-2013 12:24 AM
    Hello everglo and welcome to iMore No question is ever stupid when you don't know the answer If the phone is the same carrier there is no need to unlock it. If you swap the sims and find that it doesn't work then just pop into a Telus store and they will get it working for you. Lets just say I've been there and done that with Telus already
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-10-2013 08:30 AM
    Unlocking is just to get the phone to work on a different carrier. Like wendy said, you shouldn't have any issues.
    05-10-2013 01:36 PM
    Hello this may be a stupid question. My wife has a BlackBerry and she broke it, so her sister has a iphone 3G she is not using anymore. Both cel plans are on Telus, do i need to unlock the phone or just swap the sim cards for the phone to work?
    No need to unlock... just swap the SIM cards... but one thing to consider - with my carrier (AT&T), they have separate, specific data plans for "smart phones" and another for "blackberry". With AT&T, you can incur some pretty horrendous "pay per use" data charges if you have the wrong plan. You would be wise to check with your carrier (Telus) to see how they handle that, and if necessary, make the changes to your data plan set up.
    05-10-2013 01:40 PM
    Swap cards or just activate it. No need to unlock it.
    05-12-2013 06:02 PM