I need help obviously. I have jailbroken my iPad 3 some few days ago, but then I decided to "un-jailbreak" it.
    What I did was, I went to Cydia and deleted MobileSubstrate. But then it suddenly froze, so I tried to restart it, but whenever it boots up, it only stops up to the Apple Logo.
    And at the same unfortunate time, my iPad's battery was drained, so f I wait for it to boot up, it just turns off and re-charges again.
    I don't want to restore it and I have a deadline of 3-4 days. PLEASE HELP!
    05-09-2013 07:13 AM
    You're stuck in a boot loop. The only way out of this a a restore. Sorry for the bad news. You'll have to restore from a backup or start new. Either way, you have to lose the jailbreak, most likely until iOS 7 comes around.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    05-09-2013 07:32 AM
    Try holding down the volume up key while rebooting the device. That is supposed to disable MS, so it might get you back to a usable state. Although in all honesty, you're probably still going to need to do a restore to get it fully functioning.
    05-13-2013 11:57 AM
    You're stuck in a boot loop. The only way out of this a a restore. Sorry for the bad news. You'll have to restore from a backup or start new. Either way, you have to lose the jailbreak, most likely until iOS 7 comes around.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    Shame on you.

That's not the only way.

Try using the technique linked below.

Try seeing if you can get back into DFU. If you can, plug into redsn0w and try using the boot.

Use a restore as a last resort rather than "that sounds hard, just restore."

Boot Loop Tip

Recently many people have fallen prey to the boot loop issue after installing a jailbreak tweak. The phone reboots, Apple logo shows up then goes dim and reboots. You can access your file system via SSH but cannot get into safe mode. I suffered this problem along with many others and it seems Cydia dev @saurik had received tons of emails on how to fix the problem. Luckily there is a fix where you need to remove two files on your device so your springboard can reload its file system.

First you need to SSH into the file system and find these 2 files
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Once you find them don't delete them just in case
    change them to
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore.bak
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist.bak

This basically renders them invisible, you can go and delete them later, always good to keep a backup

Once you have changed the name reboot.
    Upon reboot you will notice all your stock apps are there and your installed cydia apps but NO appstore apps.
    DONT PANIC

Just sit back and chill as iOS will slowly rebuild your apps on the springboard. I have over 300 apps on mine so it took a couple of minutes.
    Once all your apps are showing go into Cydia and remove the offending tweak. Should work perfect.

Then go back into iFile and removed the files you changed to .bak.

You can also use this method if you have jailbroken your device and Siri stops opening apps.
    05-13-2013 05:24 PM
    Shame on you.

That's not the only way.

Try using the technique linked below.

Try seeing if you can get back into DFU. If you can, plug into redsn0w and try using the boot.

Use a restore as a last resort rather than "that sounds hard, just restore."
    But I didn't get the IP address of the iPad to access it through WinSCP... Are there other ways to SSH into the iPad?
    05-19-2013 09:42 AM
    You can find the ip of your iPad in your router settings if you use your home wifi
    05-19-2013 11:01 AM
    You usually don't *have* to SSH; you may be able to do it via a USB program like iExplorer, which wouldn't require the IP address.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    05-19-2013 12:23 PM
    Yeah, I kno- wait. iExplorer? Okay I'll give it a shot, Thanks! (Phew, I thought it was the end of the world...)
    Btw, does it still work when the iPad is in DFU or recovery mode?
    05-19-2013 11:47 PM
    It still doesn't work...
    05-20-2013 01:29 AM
    Well, I did everything I could and yes, I have tried using iExplorer and other programs similar to it, but still the iPad wasn't recognized...
    Btw, I just needed the Photos in the iPad, so if I could possibly get access into the filesystem, it would be awesome.
    05-20-2013 03:52 AM
    I have tried using iExplorer and programs similar to it, but it still doesn't work. I just needed the Photos and Movies...
    05-20-2013 04:02 AM
    When you plug it in via USB, does it charge?

When it has charge, does your computer see it while it's on?
    If so, what does the computer say? Ie, "device not supported" "ipad" "ipad in recovery mode"

Did you have photo syncing on with iCloud?
    05-20-2013 08:25 PM
    Did you "backup" your ipad recently in iTunes? If so, pics and videos taken with the ipad are stored in those backups. You could regain them by restoring with the backup.
    05-20-2013 08:26 PM
    Thanks man!!! it worked for me!! i used ifunbox to find the files and renamed them, then i pressed home and sleep button at the same time to do a reboot and springboard came to live and the apps started to show up gradually like you said. I have Ipad Mini on IOS 6.1.2. All is working fine now. Great tuturial!!
    06-05-2013 07:28 AM
    You said right. I had Ipad Mini and that was working fine.
    Last edited by Laelipoo; 06-17-2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Removed link
    06-17-2013 07:40 AM
    I tried to find those files in iFunbox but it says files not found. What to do?
    12-21-2013 02:15 AM