Unable to restore/recover or remove evasion 1.3 from iphone5 6.1.2

jagcom2011

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Tried everything i can think of to remove evasion jailbreak from my iphone 5. can't reset device while jailbroken. can't restore without itunes attempting to update and always fails with error 3194.

I'm sure I'm missing something but i've tried for weeks and no luck.

Please, if there is a specific way this should be done, enlighten me!!

Thanks

J.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Assisting you is important to us and there are times when the members of this community who can best provide you with assistance to your particular issue or concern may not be available at the time of your post so please be patient while awaiting a reply. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the various sections of the iMore forum as well as the iMore Blog and check back periodically for a reply to your post. Thank you.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Tried everything i can think of to remove evasion jailbreak from my iphone 5. can't reset device while jailbroken. can't restore without itunes attempting to update and always fails with error 3194.

I'm sure I'm missing something but i've tried for weeks and no luck.

Please, if there is a specific way this should be done, enlighten me!!

Thanks

J.

So, if I am understanding you correctly, you want to go back to a stock 6.1.2 with no software modification? If so, that cannot be done. You have to either go to 6.1.4 in iTunes or live with it. Now if you uninstall MobileSubstrate, that will remove all tweaks and you will appear to be stock. Perhaps that would be enough to satisfy you.

jagcom2011

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Laelipoo,

Would removing MobileSubstrate also remove Cydia? I've tried various ways to install 6.1.3 and now 6.1.4 also. I always seem to get a 3194 error. it's driving me nuts. My main issue with the phone is signal problems. i'd like to eliminate a software fault, but i can't seem to restore or reset the device. I guarantee if i go to an apple store, my luck would mean them saying "hard luck, it's a software fault"

Thanks

J.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If you're trying to go stock and are ok with the update, put your phone into DFU mode prior to plugging it into iTunes and see if that helps.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi Laelipoo,

Would removing MobileSubstrate also remove Cydia? I've tried various ways to install 6.1.3 and now 6.1.4 also. I always seem to get a 3194 error. it's driving me nuts. My main issue with the phone is signal problems. i'd like to eliminate a software fault, but i can't seem to restore or reset the device. I guarantee if i go to an apple store, my luck would mean them saying "hard luck, it's a software fault"

Thanks

J.

The only way to safely remove cydia is through a restore in iTunes. The post above mine has the instructions.