Pandora Downloader 3.0 Public Beta-image.jpg
    Laelipoo likes this.
    05-02-2013 09:29 PM
    I will happily try it out to prevent the ads, and for the skips. That's all I want. Thanks Massie!
    05-02-2013 09:33 PM
    crap.
    05-02-2013 09:34 PM
    I will happily try it out to prevent the ads, and for the skips. That's all I want. Thanks Massie!
    Let us know what you think (do you use the current release?)...Harrison says the whole app has been rewritten as a "clone of the native music player."
    05-02-2013 11:25 PM
    crap.

what?
    05-03-2013 04:27 PM
    Just food-for-thought, but since this forum is anti-piracy, isn't using something like Pandora downloader to avoid the ads kinda like theft since you are supposed to be paying for Pandora by listening to ads. For myself, I pay Pandora their yearly fee to avoid the ads. It's worth it to me.
    GGRRAAFT likes this.
    05-03-2013 06:01 PM
    what?
    oh i just had a fleeting moment where i wished i was jailbroken

i'm fine/better now
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    05-03-2013 09:20 PM
    Just food-for-thought, but since this forum is anti-piracy, isn't using something like Pandora downloader to avoid the ads kinda like theft since you are supposed to be paying for Pandora by listening to ads. For myself, I pay Pandora their yearly fee to avoid the ads. It's worth it to me.
    but do you get unlimited skips? Nope. that alone was worth it to me

now, i pay $5 more a month than Pandora listeners and get unlimited skips (Internet radio) and everything else that comes along with the Premium Spotify account lol
    05-03-2013 09:24 PM
    It has been discussed, but it seems that the consensus here has been more that this is akin to something like AdBlock. Definitely a grey area for many but it hasn't been flagged as piracy at iMore.
    05-03-2013 09:24 PM
    It has been discussed, but it seems that the consensus here has been more that this is akin to something like AdBlock. Definitely a grey area for many but it hasn't been flagged as piracy at iMore.
    Definitely a gray areajust curious what people thought about it.
    05-03-2013 09:46 PM
    Definitely a gray area…just curious what people thought about it.
    Karen, I just realized you're a moderator! Of course, let us know if anything changes with the site stance on this tweak.
    05-03-2013 10:03 PM
    Karen, I just realized you're a moderator! Of course, let us know if anything changes with the site stance on this tweak.
    As of last week!

And nothing's changed that I know of, I was just curious what people's views on it were.
    05-03-2013 10:30 PM
    For me it's not a question of blocking ads. I believe it's more an issue of downloading copyrighted content. If you want a copy of the song, pay for it. Downloading and playing a song without paying for it is the problem that nobody here has bothered to mention.
    05-03-2013 11:04 PM
    For me it's not a question of blocking ads. I believe it's more an issue of downloading copyrighted content. If you want a copy of the song, pay for it. Downloading and playing a song without paying for it is the problem that nobody here has bothered to mention.
    Funny you say that. A couple of us got a heated response from a mod a while back for sharing your viewpoint. That particular mod thought it was inappropriate to pirate the app to pirate music, but that pirating the music was ok. /shrug

Music piracy is apparently not included in the warning.
    05-03-2013 11:59 PM
    Funny you say that. A couple of us got a heated response from a mod a while back for sharing your viewpoint. That particular mod thought it was inappropriate to pirate the app to pirate music, but that pirating the music was ok. /shrug

Music piracy is apparently not included in the warning.
    We all go through this every time this particular tweak is brought up (see this older thread)--my view has always been that although the technology has changed, it isn't any different than it was when I was a kid taping music off the radio.

(And congrats to Karen!)
    05-04-2013 12:13 AM
    Install Flex from Cydia and you can remove ads and get unlimited skips but no ability to download songs.

iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPad 2
    Team Jailbreak 6.1.2
    05-04-2013 12:30 PM
    Oddly enough I don't actually use it for downloads—just ad blocking.
    05-04-2013 01:58 PM
    We all go through this every time this particular tweak is brought up (see this older thread)--my view has always been that although the technology has changed, it isn't any different than it was when I was a kid taping music off the radio.

(And congrats to Karen!)
    It was a different tweak in the thread I'm remembering.

But, the technology is why I've never really agreed with that analogy. Recording the radio with your tape recorder wasn't really anything more than a toy. The quality was reduced quite a bit. You'd almost certainly have a DJ talking over part of the song. Once you had your tapes, you'd be fighting through a mix of songs.

Modern tech, you're getting an equal version as the released version. You're not getting the DJ in the middle. And those of us thinking back to being kids recording from the radio are all at a stage where we can afford to buy music if we want it.

Even if you agree with the analogy, it has a problem at its foundation. The kid recording from the radio is in fact pirating. They may not know better, but that doesn't change it. Here's another analogy: the kid recording from the radio is just like the guy holding a camera in the theater.
    05-05-2013 12:40 AM