Pandora Downloader 3.0 Public Beta

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I will happily try it out to prevent the ads, and for the skips. That's all I want. Thanks Massie!

Let us know what you think (do you use the current release?)...Harrison says the whole app has been rewritten as a "clone of the native music player."

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just food-for-thought, but since this forum is anti-piracy, isn't using something like Pandora downloader to avoid the ads kinda like theft since you are supposed to be paying for Pandora by listening to ads. For myself, I pay Pandora their yearly fee to avoid the ads. It's worth it to me.

but do you get unlimited skips? Nope. that alone was worth it to me

now, i pay $5 more a month than Pandora listeners and get unlimited skips (Internet radio) and everything else that comes along with the Premium Spotify account lol

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just food-for-thought, but since this forum is anti-piracy, isn't using something like Pandora downloader to avoid the ads kinda like theft since you are supposed to be paying for Pandora by listening to ads. For myself, I pay Pandora their yearly fee to avoid the ads. It's worth it to me.

It has been discussed, but it seems that the consensus here has been more that this is akin to something like AdBlock. Definitely a grey area for many but it hasn't been flagged as piracy at iMore.

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
For me it's not a question of blocking ads. I believe it's more an issue of downloading copyrighted content. If you want a copy of the song, pay for it. Downloading and playing a song without paying for it is the problem that nobody here has bothered to mention.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
For me it's not a question of blocking ads. I believe it's more an issue of downloading copyrighted content. If you want a copy of the song, pay for it. Downloading and playing a song without paying for it is the problem that nobody here has bothered to mention.

Funny you say that. A couple of us got a heated response from a mod a while back for sharing your viewpoint. That particular mod thought it was inappropriate to pirate the app to pirate music, but that pirating the music was ok. /shrug

Music piracy is apparently not included in the warning.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Funny you say that. A couple of us got a heated response from a mod a while back for sharing your viewpoint. That particular mod thought it was inappropriate to pirate the app to pirate music, but that pirating the music was ok. /shrug

Music piracy is apparently not included in the warning.

We all go through this every time this particular tweak is brought up (see this older thread)--my view has always been that although the technology has changed, it isn't any different than it was when I was a kid taping music off the radio.

(And congrats to Karen!)

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Install Flex from Cydia and you can remove ads and get unlimited skips but no ability to download songs.

iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPad 2
Team Jailbreak 6.1.2

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
We all go through this every time this particular tweak is brought up (see this older thread)--my view has always been that although the technology has changed, it isn't any different than it was when I was a kid taping music off the radio.

(And congrats to Karen!)

It was a different tweak in the thread I'm remembering.

But, the technology is why I've never really agreed with that analogy. Recording the radio with your tape recorder wasn't really anything more than a toy. The quality was reduced quite a bit. You'd almost certainly have a DJ talking over part of the song. Once you had your tapes, you'd be fighting through a mix of songs.

Modern tech, you're getting an equal version as the released version. You're not getting the DJ in the middle. And those of us thinking back to being kids recording from the radio are all at a stage where we can afford to buy music if we want it.

Even if you agree with the analogy, it has a problem at its foundation. The kid recording from the radio is in fact pirating. They may not know better, but that doesn't change it. Here's another analogy: the kid recording from the radio is just like the guy holding a camera in the theater.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh