Factory reset 6.1.2 without updating to 6.1.3

matthirst

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I’ve just purchased a friends iPad on 6.1.2. I want to wipe it clean as best I can, then jailbreak. However, I daren’t attempt any ‘reset all content and settings’ in case when it reboots it’ll force an update to 6.1.3.

Would this happen, or would I just be left with a refreshed iPad on 6.1.2?

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You'll be on a fresh 6.1.2. It will tell you there is a update available but that doesn't mean you have to update.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

matthirst

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Even with the full 'Erase All Content and Settings'? It won't force a connect to iTunes and update once it's done??

Could someone doubly confirm this? I only bought this iPad because it was on 6.1.2 and is jailbreakable, so need to be sure beforehand.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
For the third time, it won't update.

If you're going to ignore the answers you're given, you might as well take the time and delete everything manually and do your own thing.

matthirst

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Apologies, just needed to be sure! I bought it specifically as it was still on 6.1.2 and could be jailbroken, so it would have all been for nothing if I had misunderstood and was forced to update.

brandon91

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You can do as the following instructions show, and i hope it can really help you indeed.
Step 1: Open iTunes, then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB cord. The device will appear in the sidebar on the left.
Step 2: Click on the iPad’s name to bring up the information window. Scroll down until you see the Backup section.
You can back up your iPad’s data to your computer or to iCloud. I do both just in case something goes wrong with one or the other.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You can do as the following instructions show, and i hope it can really help you indeed.
Step 1: Open iTunes, then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB cord. The device will appear in the sidebar on the left.
Step 2: Click on the iPad’s name to bring up the information window. Scroll down until you see the Backup section.
You can back up your iPad’s data to your computer or to iCloud. I do both just in case something goes wrong with one or the other.
Thank you for bumping a four month old thread.

While your advice is helpful for someone wanting to save their data, the poster wanted to eliminate all of the data. Why would they backup data they're hoping to get rid of?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2