Please help - WhatsApp auto-deleted my past conversation threads!

cloudyday12

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Just now my whatsapp just "reset" itself and I lost all my past conversations as a result. The threads for my group chats were present but empty. My individual chat threads were all gone.

The problem started when I updated four Cydia tweaks. These were BiteSMS, IntelliScreenX6 and two others I can't remember.

My phone rebooted as a result of the updating.

Then when I subsequently opened whatsapp, I was first taken to the screen where I have to key in my telephone number but I didn't actually key in the number - the screen just disappeared within a few seconds and took me to my whatsapp chats list - showing nothing but the empty group threads as mentioned earlier.

This is the second time such an incident has happened.

I am just wondering if there is a way to get my old whatsapp conversations back... I tested whatsapp and it seems to be working but if there's a way to get my threads back (I don't want to restore from backup and risk losing my jailbreak) that would be great.

On a smaller side issue, why does my whatsapp occasionally not alert me when I receive a new whatsapp message? It doesn't happen often but during these occasions, I don't realise I have a new whatsapp message till I open the app, which may be hours later. My whatsapp is set to alerts - show on lock screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro