PLEASE HELP!! iPhone just deleted everything in my phone

bhold6160

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So like the title says, my iPhone 4am is jail broken with evasion for 6.1.2 and I was just scrolling through my contacts and about to text someone when my phone suddenly tells me I have no contacts. I try to respring and my phone gets stuck on the apple logo. I finally get it back to the home page using the top volume button on start up and now I still have no contacts, all my messages and photos are gone and most of my tweaks. Cydia is still there along with a few other apps. Someone please tell me what the **** just happened and how do I fix it if I even can:mad:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what caused it.

As far as ways to fix it:
1) Did you have your photos/contacts/etc syncing with the cloud? If so, you should be able to retrieve them from there.
2) Were you backing up semi-frequently? You can restore a backup, just not the phone. If you do that, you'll bring back pictures, texts, and contacts. You'll have to sync to get music and apps, but it's a start.
3) If you didn't have an app backup downloaded from Cydia, you'll have to go back through and download those.

If you're only able to boot up with the top volume button, you're booting up in safe mode. You might want to try to uninstall your most recent tweaks and then boot back up. The tweaks should still show up in your packages list in Cydia, they're just disabled to ensure they won't mess with your phone right now. Do you remember what you installed most recently?

gifted_jow

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Did you back up you're contacts before you jail broke you're phone?You must always back up you're contacts apps music and other items before you jail brake other wise you will lose every thing.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you back up you're contacts before you jail broke you're phone?You must always back up you're contacts apps music and other items before you jail brake other wise you will lose every thing.

Backups performed on a jailbroken phone can be added to the phone after removing the jailbreak.

Apps and music aren't included in a backup.

Please refrain from giving advice =(