Jailbreak Siri messed up my iPad 2

JakeDGator

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have recently Jailbroke my iPad 2 (Probably the worst decision I made in my life of apple) and I tried getting the Siri for iPad 2 6.1 and my iPad is now stuck on the apple logo and will not log on. When I connect to iTunes, it shows up, but after a while it says "iPad cannot be synced because device is not connected" So to my understanding, it keeps on connecting, and un-connecting so I cant even restore it. Is there anyway I can fix this? I would like a way that keeps my data but if there is none, How can I restore and fix it?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Butwhat if I cant put it into DFU mode? It dosent work when its in this state.

If your buttons are all working and you're following the right pattern, you'll get into DFU mode.

If you're not done with jailbreaking, try holding the volume up while you reboot to get into safe mode. Go back into Cydia and remove the Siri package you added. After that, you should be able to boot back into the state you had prior to the Siri installation.

Trying to run Siri on an unsupported device is one of the more difficult tasks. Don't sweat it if you're not getting that to work right.

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Your worst decision wasn't jailbreaking, it was installing tweaks that you don't know what you're doing. Unjailbroken iPads and iPhones are boring as hell!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

cmersman

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hold Volume up and boot into safe mood and see if that works.

You can boot into DFU mode though to undo the jailbreak completely.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Your worst decision wasn't jailbreaking, it was installing tweaks that you don't know what you're doing. Unjailbroken iPads and iPhones are boring as hell!

Let's be fair. Until you've installed and worked with the tweak, ALL tweaks are something you haven't used before. It's a bit shady to suggest you're experienced in them :p

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe to you... even if boring - it's boring that just works... :D

True, but if you do your research, you can have a JB with tons of extra features that just works, too :D .

Let's be fair. Until you've installed and worked with the tweak, ALL tweaks are something you haven't used before. It's a bit shady to suggest you're experienced in them :p

Also true, but this is the Internet, where everyone has done just about everything and documented it. If you do your research before just diving in and installing a bunch of stuff, your chances of being successful dramatically increase. It's not the jailbreak that "breaks" the device, it's carelessly installing tweaks without research.

Cydia is not the same as the App Store. There's no babysitters that test everything out for you. It's the lack of restrictions that makes a jailbreak so desirable and potentially powerful.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Also true, but this is the Internet, where everyone has done just about everything and documented it. If you do your research before just diving in and installing a bunch of stuff, your chances of being successful dramatically increase. It's not the jailbreak that "breaks" the device, it's carelessly installing tweaks without research.

Cydia is not the same as the App Store. There's no babysitters that test everything out for you. It's the lack of restrictions that makes a jailbreak so desirable and potentially powerful.

This is also the internet where your videos and tutorials aren't verified. There are quite a few tutorials making things appear easy while not detailing the groups of steps taken leading up to the tutorial. The best research is hands on.

Ultimately, he doesn't enjoy the jailbreak. Whether you agree with the reason or not, he doesn't. Your biggest mistake is thinking your preferences transfer to everyone else.

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
No problem. If they want a boring old unjailbroken device, fine with me. Just go into DFU mode, "upgrade" to 6.1.3 and be done with it. Won't have to worry about jailbreaking anymore :) .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2