Safe to use iTunes to restore post jailbreak?

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I finally decided to jailbreak my iPhone 5 using Evasion since it came with 6.1.2. I was smart enough to backup with itunes before jailbreaking & I made a copy of that backup folder on my mac desktop. My question is now that my iPhone is jailbroken & I regularly sync it with iTunes which creates a backup everytime, if that day comes where I want to revert back to stock & update to the latest IOS would it be safe to restore using that backup file post jailbreak (like will I run into issues using that backup file) or would it be a better idea to use that backup file I saved before the jailbreak? Hope my question is not confusing lol.

Yell0w

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When restoring your device, it will update to the latest version and most people recommends to start it up as a new device to avoid any issues. You could try the backup and if something goes wrong, you can always restore and start over again.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know restoring will update IOS to the latest version hence getting rid of the jailbreak. What I really even care about are my contacts & text. Everything else I can download over on app store & music is saved on iTunes.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
For the most part you're alright using the backup. I used the backup from my jailbroken iPhone4 on my stock iPhone5 until evasi0n came out. There were a couple of remnants, but nothing that was too much for me to worry about.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR