Is this a normal consequence or just a faulty phone?

Callie Natalia

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I had an Iphone 4s. Jailbroke it, downloaded many apps and did a variety of things (video wallpaper, Iblacklist, many themes in winterboard) and it has been pretty awesome for about 3 months. Last night, the phone (while connected) showed that the charger was there but it wouldn't charge. This happened with my USB cord, electrical outlet, and with a dock station I have. On all 3, it showed that the phone recognized a charger was plugged in but it would NOT charge. It just died. :/

So, now I have an Iphone5 (purchased and activated today). I am wondering. Could it have been the jailbreaking + the apps draining the battery that caused the 4s to do that (it was only 6 months old in total) and should I now stay far away from jailbreaking my 5 or do you guys think it was just a faulty battery/phone from the beginning?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Apps, tweaks and different things running in the background can drain the battery but I've never heard of it frying the battery. Maybe it was an electrical surge that did it but who knows. I've ALWAYS been jb since my iPhone 2G and never killed my battery. Jailbreak again and if u see any issue with the battery try uninstalling an app/tweak one by one to see what the culprit is

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Almost impossible that it was caused by the jailbreak. Much more likely is that you had a bad piece of hardware in there: the charging port on the phone or the cable used to charge it. Did you not take it with you to Apple to ask about it? It could be very simple/cheap to fix--they might just give you a new phone outright.

Also, you might want to double check your 5--if it came with 6.1.3 installed you can't jailbreak it at all, now.

Callie Natalia

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Almost impossible that it was caused by the jailbreak. Much more likely is that you had a bad piece of hardware in there: the charging port on the phone or the cable used to charge it. Did you not take it with you to Apple to ask about it? It could be very simple/cheap to fix--they might just give you a new phone outright.

Also, you might want to double check your 5--if it came with 6.1.3 installed you can't jailbreak it at all, now.

Thanks. I thought it was impossible that the jailbreak or any apps did it too but I couldn't think of any other logical reason as to why it would be working fine one minute and then not accepting a charge the next after only 6 months. But it could very well be a bad piece of hardware like you said.

And yes, my new I5 still has the old update so I can jailbreak if I want.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73