Trouble Down Grading to 6.0.2 from 6.0.3

Jacob Colgan

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I am having trouble down grading my iPhone 4 from 6.0.3 to 6.0.2
I have done everything all of the websites tell me to do! This is what I get when i try to restore to 6.0.2Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 4.07.43 PM.png

Jacob Colgan

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. If you don't have your SHSH blobs... No way you can downgrade. That's just an ipsw. Can't downgrade with just that alone. Need SHSH blobs. And since you upgraded to iOS 6.0.3 there's no way to get iOS 6.0.2 blobs. So you're out of luck. Sorry :(

Thanks for the info! Do you know if they will have a jail break for 6.0.3? Or if can download SHSH blobs any where?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
He meant 6.1.3. And it's unlikely there will be a true jailbreak.

I'll explain the SHSH blobs quickly, as I'm guessing you don't have them. SHSH blobs are a snapshot of Apple's authorization to restore to that version of your iOS. In order to get these, you need to acquire them with your specific device while Apple is signing the iOS. If you don't know what they are, the only possible way you've acquired these blobs would have been to hit "make life easy for me" in Cydia on an older version of iOS while you were jailbroken prior to upgrading to 6.1.3. If you were jailbroken before, you can use redsn0w to query Cydia's servers to see if they saved your blobs for you. These would allow a downgrade using redsn0w.

Something you're welcome to try is the "semi-untether" that some iPhone4 users have had success with. To do that, acquire the 6.0 ((not 6.0.1, not 6.1.2, not 6.1)) IPSW for your phone. Be sure to get either CDMA or GSM depending on the phone you have. CDMA is Verizon or Spring. GSM is AT&T.

Download redsn0w from the dev-team blog.
In redsn0w, choose extras and select IPSW. Select the 6.0 IPSW we just discussed.
From there, select boot. Follow the on screen instructions and wait for your device to boot.
Go back to the first screen and choose Jailbreak. Ensure the "Install Cydia" box is chosen.

If it works, your phone will scroll some pretty little text while it's breaking. If it fails, your phone will be in DFU mode. Go back to the boot option and your phone will come back on.

Or, just wait until a more stable, easier method comes out.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
He meant 6.1.3. And it's unlikely there will be a true jailbreak.

I'll explain the SHSH blobs quickly, as I'm guessing you don't have them. SHSH blobs are a snapshot of Apple's authorization to restore to that version of your iOS. In order to get these, you need to acquire them with your specific device while Apple is signing the iOS. If you don't know what they are, the only possible way you've acquired these blobs would have been to hit "make life easy for me" in Cydia on an older version of iOS while you were jailbroken prior to upgrading to 6.1.3. If you were jailbroken before, you can use redsn0w to query Cydia's servers to see if they saved your blobs for you. These would allow a downgrade using redsn0w.

Something you're welcome to try is the "semi-untether" that some iPhone4 users have had success with. To do that, acquire the 6.0 ((not 6.0.1, not 6.1.2, not 6.1)) IPSW for your phone. Be sure to get either CDMA or GSM depending on the phone you have. CDMA is Verizon or Spring. GSM is AT&T.

Download redsn0w from the dev-team blog.
In redsn0w, choose extras and select IPSW. Select the 6.0 IPSW we just discussed.
From there, select boot. Follow the on screen instructions and wait for your device to boot.
Go back to the first screen and choose Jailbreak. Ensure the "Install Cydia" box is chosen.

If it works, your phone will scroll some pretty little text while it's breaking. If it fails, your phone will be in DFU mode. Go back to the boot option and your phone will come back on.

Or, just wait until a more stable, easier method comes out.

No I know that. I was just stating that if he wanted to keep his jailbreak and saw the update for iOS 6.1.3 on the device. Don't do it because it would mess up the whole jailbreak, meaning he wouldn't have it anymore. (If he updated his device).

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
No I know that. I was just stating that if he wanted to keep his jailbreak and saw the update for iOS 6.1.3 on the device. Don't do it because it would mess up the whole jailbreak, meaning he wouldn't have it anymore. (If he updated his device).
He's already on 6.1.3. He won't see the upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2