Jailbroken iPhone 5 Battery Issues!

Ollie Cole

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 with awful battery life. When locked the iphone can become very hot and decrease in battery by 10% every half hour. Sometimes it lasts all day though. I am not sure which app could be causing this. It's intermittent aswell which is annoying. I have listed my installed jailbroken apps below.

Account Changer
Action Menu
Activator
App Switcher Brightness
Auxo
Badge Customizer
Badge Clearer
Barrel
biteSMS
Bolt
CleverPin
Color Keyboard (Switched Off though)
Crash Reporter
f.lux
iBatteryInfo
IntelliscreenX 6
Landscape Lock Rotation
NC Settings
PkgBackup
SB Settings (not active in Notification centre or drop-down. Only activated when needed)
Swipe Selection
Tether Me
Wifi Passwords
Zeppelin
%hook's law

Please help me! Thank You :D

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You're going to get moved to the jailbreak forum.

What do you change when it becomes hot?

Have you checked to see what's running when you experience this in sbsettings processes button?

It's strange it's getting not regardless of the jailbreak or not :/

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It may be that ur Tether Me app is staying on and that may be causing the battery drain. Not sure if that's related to it getting very hot tho. Does that occur often, the overheating? If so, I'd restore as new and take it into apple for an exchange.

Ollie Cole

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
When it becomes hot i turn it off, otherwise battery will become too low too quickly. The sbsettings processes button only seems to shows me actual apps. It doesnt show other posibilities like intelliscreen etc...

It gets hot like when you use it for ages in a game. however its happening when im not using it. Makes me think something is running in background...

Ollie Cole

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
It may be that ur Tether Me app is staying on and that may be causing the battery drain. Not sure if that's related to it getting very hot tho. Does that occur often, the overheating? If so, I'd restore as new and take it into apple for an exchange.

The tether me app isnt actually tethering. it just enables me to tether without a plan. If i exchange i wont be able to re-jailbreak because of software updates... is that right?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
The tether me app isnt actually tethering. it just enables me to tether without a plan. If i exchange i wont be able to re-jailbreak because of software updates... is that right?

Possibly but unless they just got the device a week ago it will have 6.1.2 and u can still jailbreak the phone

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If its overheating, it's highly likely they will. However, make sure to restore it back to factory if you're taking that option. They won't be as likely to help if they see the jailbreak.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner