Hello iMore Community!

Is the iPhone 5 on T-mobile if bought outright (full payment) unlocked?
    If not do they unlock it for us if we buy it outright?
    04-08-2013 10:25 AM
    According to THIS, it states that it is "un-restricted, un-limited and un-leashed". Whether that means it's un-locked, I can't say for sure, but my personal thoughts is that it could be.
    04-08-2013 10:42 AM
    Since I dont live in the states i currently haf no means to know if it is unlocked or if dey do unlock it for us.
    However i came across this webpage from t-mobile
    SIM Unlock your phone Support | T-Mobile

In the devices purchased at full retail price section it says certain conditions..
    Can any1 please clarify wat it means?
    04-08-2013 11:14 AM
    Since I dont live in the states i currently haf no means to know if it is unlocked or if dey do unlock it for us.
    However i came across this webpage from t-mobile
    SIM Unlock your phone Support | T-Mobile

In the devices purchased at full retail price section it says certain conditions..
    Can any1 please clarify wat it means?
    In summary, if you buy your device outright (not on contract), they will unlock your SIM for you. However, I'm not sure that it applies to the thread topic. I mean, you can easily buy an iPhone from other carriers and have it work on t-Mobile's network and you can buy an unlocked iPhone 5 directly from Apple and have it work.
    04-08-2013 11:26 AM
    In summary, if you buy your device outright (not on contract), they will unlock your SIM for you. However, I'm not sure that it applies to the thread topic. I mean, you can easily buy an iPhone from other carriers and have it work on t-Mobile's network and you can buy an unlocked iPhone 5 directly from Apple and have it work.
    Well I dont live in USA..
    And plus it is cheaper den apple store by abt 70-80 bucks...
    I know itz nt a lot.. But where i live it does make a difference.
    I haf an upper limit of 600$
    04-08-2013 11:30 AM
    Well I dont live in USA..
    And plus it is cheaper den apple store by abt 70-80 bucks...
    I know itz nt a lot.. But where i live it does make a difference
    I understand, but I was simply answering your question as it was asked. I have no idea where you live or your financial situation, but in regard to this thread, T-mobile is offering support for factory unlocked iPhone 5 devices to get as many people to switch over to it as possible. With that, I would like to believe that they would gladly unlock any iPhone 5 devices they sell, especially if you buy it outright. Furthermore, that link I posted above about the device being "un-restricted", I can assume that to mean unlocked, but I have no proof to that being what it actually mean. Can you call your local t-mobile and inquire?
    04-08-2013 11:38 AM
    I understand, but I was simply answering your question as it was asked. I have no idea where you live or your financial situation, but in regard to this thread, T-mobile is offering support for factory unlocked iPhone 5 devices to get as many people to switch over to it as possible. With that, I would like to believe that they would gladly unlock any iPhone 5 devices they sell, especially if you buy it outright. Furthermore, that link I posted above about the device being "un-restricted", I can assume that to mean unlocked, but I have no proof to that being what it actually mean. Can you call your local t-mobile and inquire?
    Thank you Just Me, D
    You haf been a big help.
    Cheers
    04-08-2013 11:47 AM
    Thank you Just Me, D
    You haf been a big help.
    Cheers
    You're very welcome......Take care and have a great day.
    04-08-2013 11:52 AM
    Hi, maybe someone you know or can advise on how to unlock iPhone 5 which the operator is T-Mobile UK?
    Thank you in advance
    06-08-2013 05:40 PM