Keyboard Issue After Installing a Tweak

stanpwns

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure whether this is caused by the jailbreak itself or a tweak I installed, but I think after I had installed ColorKeyboard, my keyboard moved up too high on my iPhone 5 whenever I attempted to share something, whether it be a photo or link (screenshots provided), as if my iPhone had the smaller size screen. Even after I uninstalled ColorKeyboard, my keyboard did not fix itself, so I'm wondering whether another tweak is causing it, and/or if there is a way to fix the keyboard. It was a cracked version of ColorKeyboard, so I'll probably buy it if that's the reason.

It's probably because I used a backup from my jailbroken iPod touch 4th gen (which had ColorKeyboard) for the data on my iPhone, so the legacy jailbreak data probably got transferred over as well.

My iPhone is on 6.1, and my iPod is still on 5.1.1, if this helps at all.

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    173.1 KB · Views: 6
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    364.7 KB · Views: 6
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 6

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes I would think the pirated app didn't help. If colorkeyboard is uninstalled you can try to run icleaner and see if that fixes it. Have it remove any temp files, clean up cydia, and if you like, any unneeded dependencies. After doing so, it will ask you to respring. Hopefully this fixes your problems.

Also please buy your apps. Piracy makes us sad.

stanpwns

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, don't worry, I buy my apps/tweaks now, devs deserve the effort they're putting in to them.

I'll try out the iCleaner trick, thanks!

EDIT: iCleaner doesn't seem to be fixing the problem. Is there another possible solution?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Try searching in iFile for colorkeyboard, see if any bits got left behind? i would rename them, don't delete.

you can also try booting into safe mode, through SBSettings or the volume button. If it works then, then something is conflicting or causing the issue.

stanpwns

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Safe Mode does not solve the problem, either…

The weird thing is that when I tried to share a photo via an account that I did not integrate with the iOS (like Twitter or Weibo), the keyboard shows up just fine.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It does sound like bad data then. I hate to say it, but you may have to restore and run stock. The only other option is to rename anything with a keyboard in the name plist wise, then reboot. Even then, it may not work. Sorry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2