My location-Trouble With Widgets & Wallpaper

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having issues the past couple of days with it? I have wallpaper and widgets that rely on it for local weather information and they have stopped updating Tues evening. I have not changed any settings on the my location app and it is still running persistent. The app still pulls up my location. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's because yahoo stopped its free GPS service that all widgets and gps based wallpapers use. Screwed up everything. There is a fix for it. A coder/theme/widget creator Dacal on MMI has rewrote a new location.js file that corrects the issue. Here is the link for the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?ei92hpt4haeur7p

Good luck

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info and that does explain my issue. I downloaded the file, but I am not sure which directory to place it in. I have extracted the zip file and it is var/mobile/documents. Any help would be appreciated.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You put the file inside of the widget not working. If its an iwidget it goes in /private/var/mobile/library/iwidgets/your widget /scripts. If its a winter board widget, it would go in /library/themes/ your widget/and look for the location.js to swap out.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!