Jailbroken 4S not receiving texts...Do I have to Erase All Contents and Settings????

TorrieB

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
For whatever reason my phone stopped receiving texts this morning. iMessage is fine...SMS no way Jose. Or I guess I should say...after an hour I *might* get a text message. It's hit or miss but I've definitely not received all that I've been sent. So my texts are being received by the end user...I'm just not getting my response.

Call Sprint and they walk me through all sorts of network updates, check servers and whatnot...to know avail. Restarted, hard restarted, Restarted in forced Safe Mode, Respring...tried them all and nothing has helped. Last ditch effort...when I get home to my WiFi and iTunes, "Erase All Contents and Settings" and start over with a Sprint rep on the line. Does this mean my love affair with my jailbreak is over? Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this before I trash the whole thing???

I was running BiteSMS (paid version) but I uninstalled to see if that would help. Of course it didn't....

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
No.

You cannot erase all contents and settings on a jailbroken device. It will put you into a boot loop. You cannot even attempt this if the latest evasi0n jailbreak is installed.

You COULD try to reset all network settings (same screen), which would make more sense to try. It should be safe to do on a jailbroken device, but of course there is always a risk.

Also have you updated any of your jailbreak tweaks recently, or installed any new ones?

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

TorrieB

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for responding!

I have not updating anything today. Since I've settled into my jailbreak...I barely open Cydia anymore. I think a few days ago I updated Forecast, but that's it. Nothing this morning at all.

Your answer was pretty much what I figured. I'll just unjailbreak and hope a developer finds the holes again for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2