Is it safe to Jailbreak my iPhone?

Songbirdy

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Guys I have a question. I've been thinking about jail breaking my iPhone but is it dangerous for the phone? I just need to know before I do it.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Show us your iPhone 4S home screen!

Guys I have a question. I've been thinking about jail breaking my iPhone but is it dangerous for the phone? I just need to know before I do it.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

It's not dangerous as long as you follow the given instructions on jailbreaking the phone. If you follow them the phone will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

Jailbreaking is safe as long as you follow some guidelines. You should understand you are making it possible to run unsigned code on your device. If you do it make sure you use Mobileterminal to change the root and wireless passwords from the default value "alpine". Also only use reputable default repositories until you learn about certain developers beta repos. Honestly though the guide is a bit out of date. Explaining DFU mode is a waste of time and makes it sound complicated...

My 2 cents...

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Jailbreaking is safe as long as you follow some guidelines. You should understand you are making it possible to run unsigned code on your device. If you do it make sure you use Mobileterminal to change the root and wireless passwords from the default value "alpine". Also only use reputable default repositories until you learn about certain developers beta repos. Honestly though the guide is a bit out of date. Explaining DFU mode is a waste of time and makes it sound complicated...

My 2 cents...

Not all potential jailbreakers are on 6.0. As such, they may need the dfu explanation.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

Not all potential jailbreakers are on 6.0. As such, they may need the dfu explanation.

I guess that's true if they have an old device. Maybe it would be better just to point them to other sites that separate out the instructions based on the device and iOS version.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I guess that's true if they have an old device. Maybe it would be better just to point them to other sites that separate out the instructions based on the device and iOS version.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk
Your solution to a non-issue is to offer free advertisements to other sites rather than offer the help here?

You complain it confuses users, yet one of the first things you do is mention things they don't need to know. Without opening up ssh, the password change "is a waste of time and makes it sound complicated."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro