BiteSMS Question

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. Seems like it happens when I get off the phone and I'm not connected to wifi. A new message is received but random old ones come too.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same prob, also sometimes it gets stuck in a loop of receiving an old text and the only way i can stop it is by deleting the whole conversation

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This did happen to me with the betas of bitesms and lockinfo installed, but the newest beta of bite fixed this for me.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've occasionally seen this, though rarely and the only fix is as suggested. You have to delete the whole conversation. I am using carrier, not bite.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This also happens to me regularly, I've submitted logs to both biteSMS and lock info and I thought that it had gone away after the last updates to both of the betas. It has returned with regular frequency over the past couple days and can be quite annoying. I also keep getting repeat mail notifications and it appears that it's just old emails that I have flagged. I'm sure they're aware of this and are hopefully working on a fix. I guess this is part of the joy of having Beta releases.

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm just wondering if everybody that's having the same problem has both biteSMS and LockInfo installed. Also do you have iCleaner installed? Is anybody experiencing it with just LockInfo installed?

Tweet @LondonComp ***

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
OP, just out of curiosity do you have MailEnhancer installed?

Tweet @LondonComp ***

Last edited:

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I think there's a bug in MailEnhancer that causes me to get repeat email notifications. I notice if I tap to show the bar at the top that shows "All Unread and Flagged" and then go back to where it's not exposed I start getting the same email notifications coming in. As for the Bitesms repeat notifications I seam to get old notifications when a new one comes in but not always

Tweet @LondonComp ***

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think there's a bug in MailEnhancer that causes me to get repeat email notifications. I notice if I tap to show the bar at the top that shows "All Unread and Flagged" and then go back to where it's not exposed I start getting the same email notifications coming in. As for the Bitesms repeat notifications I seam to get old notifications when a new one comes in but not always

Tweet @LondonComp ***

Hmm, i just tried it, doesn't seem to do that for me, im using the new version for ios6, is that what your using?

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, i just tried it, doesn't seem to do that for me, im using the new version for ios6, is that what your using?

Yes I am, it doesn't do it every time and I haven't found the rhythm yet. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's a conflict or some setting I'm missing. I may start uninstalling things to see if I can stop it, I'll post here with my results.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I've never had this problem. I use the beta versions of biteSMS but don't have LI or MailEnhancer. There does seem to be a conflict there with something.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've never had this problem. I use the beta versions of biteSMS but don't have LI or MailEnhancer. There does seem to be a conflict there with something.

I think I'm dealing with two separate but similar problems, I've uninstalled MailEnhancer and no longer get the repeat mail notifications but when I reinstalled it started again. As for BiteSMS I continue to get random texts from days ago. I'm going to contact the LockInfo dev and see if he can help me out as I'm not getting a reply from the other developers. WLYK

Tweet @LondonComp ***

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2