Google Chrome - quit working

Heavy Fluid

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I just updated Google Chrome on my iPhone 4S, and now it won't work. It closes when opened. I deleted and reinstalled it, and I cannot even get it to stay open long enough to log in. I am jailbroken if it matters. Not sure if that is an issue or not. Anyone else experience this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you. Google Chrome works well on my 4S, but I'm not jailbroken. Have you tried rebooting your device?

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Delete the app, then sync and reinstall from your iTunes backup if possible. That should reinstall the older, working version (as long as you didn't sync with iTunes while you had the updated version installed).

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just updated Google Chrome on my iPhone 4S, and now it won't work. It closes when opened. I deleted and reinstalled it, and I cannot even get it to stay open long enough to log in. I am jailbroken if it matters. Not sure if that is an issue or not. Anyone else experience this?

The reason why it won't work with the update is because of the jailbreak (not jb devices have no problem) it's already been aknowledge by Google the bad thing is that they didn't prevent users so we would not update.
Here's a link that explains better and also provides an apparent solution (until there's a new update) --> http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-fix-google-chrome-for-ios-crashing-on-jailbroken-devices/

Hope this helps!

Heavy Fluid

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Delete the app, then sync and reinstall from your iTunes backup if possible. That should reinstall the older, working version (as long as you didn't sync with iTunes while you had the updated version installed).

Thanks!! I forgot that I had recently made a back up, before I updated Chrome. It works!!

Heavy Fluid

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I guess that this app was already fixed. Friend of mine was going through the same thing, and he got another update, and it works now. I am just gonna leave mine as is for now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox