Night - A BiteSMS Theme

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Night - A BiteSMS Theme

This theme is for people that like the stylish dark look .

I include a winterboard theme as BiteSMS internal theming system doesn't theme all its images yet, so I have to resort to winterboard to the deed.

nightchangelog.jpg

nightfc.jpg

Download Links. (iDevice only link)
Install through Cydia for $0.99 - this money is to help pay for me & my partners wedding, So I thank everyone that buys this theme.

Here are some Higher Rez images.
Menus
Quick Reply/Compose

My other Themes.
Caspian - not finished
BubbleGum - Released

Trouble Shooting.

1. Help, the theme isn't working.
Have you applyed the theme in BiteSMS?

Answer
BiteSMS Settings > Themes > Name of theme & hit Apply Theme.

Last edited:

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5, 4s & 4, it should work on ipods with retina displays to.

updated the above image, forgot to do that :-(

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
This is the screenshot of what a message is supposed to look like, according to your screenshot on Cydia:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1362944817.138930.jpg

This is a screenshot of what my messages look like using the Night theme:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1362944869.302042.jpg

I obviously have a hard time reading the text. How do I change the color of the text? And why doesn't it look like the Cydia screenshot?

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This is the screenshot of what a message is supposed to look like, according to your screenshot on Cydia:.........?

You have a winterboard theme that is overwriting BiteSMS own internal theming system, you have to disable it via winterboard, common issue I have been getting emails about :) though easily resolved.

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm ok. I'll have to poke around.

If its a complete theme you use, it will theme chatkit & the stock SMS app, these both overwrite BiteSMS own theming system. Since winterboard works in layers (bottom is overwritten by things above) you can still use my theme if you place Night - A BiteSMS Theme Addon at the top of the list, ( this will make my WB theme overwrite images from the themes bellow) but you will still need to disable any theme or its bundle that themes the stock SMS app or BIteSMS.

Ayecon is doing a good thing, by keeping its components all individual so we as a user can easily disable them., the only one I have had support emails for & that's an easy fix.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have your Bite theme at the top of the Winterboard list, but it's still being overridden.

The theme that is causing it is XID. Any other suggestions?

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
There are many different components of XID as well, and I disabled each of them and added them back one at a time until I found the conflict.

What would I look for in the code to either disable or change the color of their SMS theme?

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It will be folders & a few images.

Folders
com.apple.chatkit
(this one themes the bubbles, basically everything bar the background in all SMS apps) this folder is the main problem.

Images
smsbackground.png
smsbackground@2x.png
(these images are located just inside this theme folder (same folder as Bundles) these replace the SMS background. )

Just add 1 or . To the end of the name, this will disable them.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok I renamed com.apple.chatkit to disable the entire folder and that seemed to do the trick. Will that mess anything else up?

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have same issue. Please tell me where is this chatkit location??

/Library/Themes/what ever the name of the theme your using/Bundles/ the folder is in here :) just add a 1 to the end or delete it.

I will make a little trouble shooting guide soon, so people don't need to wait for me :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
why should the user/customer have to edit their file?

shouldn't there just be an update to the theme?

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
why should the user/customer have to edit their file?

shouldn't there just be an update to the theme?

If I were only using WinterBoard to theme BiteSMS then no they wouldn't, but I'm using BiteSMS internal theming system & WinterBoard overwrites this & there is nothing I can do about it. :-(

So if say, someone uses a Winterboard theme that themes the hole system (only com.apple.chatkit & com.bitesms are problematic) it will overwrite, BiteSMS Themes & the only way for me to fix this is to move to WinterBoard & lose my spot in the theming section in BiteSMS or ask the user with said issue to disable these parts of a theme.

If everyone done what Surenix (Ayecon Themer) has done & singled out the main parts of the OS it would be as simple as unticking "aeycon messages"
I done this theme to try an cater for everyone's needs, unfortunately its only plain sailing for people that don't theme there entire system.
I guess I could move over the parts of ByteSMS that are overwritten if another theme uses them, I will see what I can do.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If I were only using WinterBoard to theme BiteSMS then no they wouldn't, but I'm using BiteSMS internal theming system & WinterBoard overwrites this & there is nothing I can do about it. :-(

So if say, someone uses a Winterboard theme that themes the hole system (only com.apple.chatkit & com.bitesms are problematic) it will overwrite, BiteSMS Themes & the only way for me to fix this is to move to WinterBoard & lose my spot in the theming section in BiteSMS or ask the user with said issue to disable these parts of a theme.

If everyone done what Surenix (Ayecon Themer) has done & singled out the main parts of the OS it would be as simple as unticking "aeycon messages"

I done this theme to try an cater for everyone's needs, unfortunately its only plain sailing for people that don't theme there entire system.

understood. so we do not need winterboard with this, correct?

if so that would be great!