Lock Screen Theme: RisingBars

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is a pretty incredible new lock screen theme: it includes rotating wallpapers, animated bars that fill as seconds/minutes/hours are added to the clock, and a hidden date display that is revealed by touching the screen. But even with all that it manages to feel pretty minimal:

Hhmp0az.png

Read more here: New Lockscreen Theme: RisingBars : iOSthemes
Add this repo to Cydia to download the theme:
Code:
http://patrickmuff.ch/repo/

Definitely worth checking out his other themes as well!

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This is beautiful! My notifications are coming up as invisible so its hard to read the text since it's white. Any ideas?

It only happens right when they are new and centered on the lock screen. However, when it's been dismissed it is at the top with a grey BG and looks very clean.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you go into the theme, look in Bundles/SpringBoard and you'll find the BulletinListLockScreenFirstAlertBG image...that's what makes it transparent. Delete it or rename it to use the native one.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
PERFECT!

Did that and respring and it worked flawless. I didn't know HTML could accept notifications now. That's awesome.

I'm reading on the link you posted about trying to change the BG and having issues so I might try to mess with that later.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
question for anyone using this theme..

when using the native turn-by-turn navigation while in lockscreen mode how does the theme behave? does it go away? or is it underneath? this will determine if i attempt this

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
question for anyone using this theme..

when using the native turn-by-turn navigation while in lockscreen mode how does the theme behave? does it go away? or is it underneath? this will determine if i attempt this

Quick test (not in car) shows the usual map interface. Only part of the theme I see is the slider.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Quick test (not in car) shows the usual map interface. Only part of the theme I see is the slider.

do i need to load anything else as well? (clockhide etc..)

edit: also where do native notifications show? up high or middle of the screen?

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
do i need to load anything else as well? (clockhide etc..)

edit: also where do native notifications show? up high or middle of the screen?

I assume you need it but I already run it (edit, just checked and you will want it). Native notifications show in the usual place with a transparent popup, then up high for stacked notifications. Or you can install a theme I put together this afternoon called ClearLowNotifications, which moves everything down below the bars:

image.jpg

bgeorge

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I assume you need it but I already run it (edit, just checked and you will want it). Native notifications show in the usual place with a transparent popup. Or you can install a theme I put together this afternoon called ClearLowNotifications, which moves everything down below the bars:

View attachment 28002

How do you find this theme?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah awesome, thanks Massie! Assume it's compatible with 4S and won't go off screen due to the iPhone 5 screen estate this is accommodating for?

Is there anyway I can edit the file to drop the notification lower?

To adjust the notification height up OR down just resize the BarLCD image in the theme; taller will push notifications lower; a shorter LCD will move them up.

justkevinblog

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
^ Resizing doesn't seem work for me. I tried to keep the BarLCD image in same size ratio and just increasing the height and replacing the image and respring and doesn't seem to have taken effect. Oh well no biggie. Thanks anyway.

bgeorge

May 27, 2012
Visit site
^ Resizing doesn't seem work for me. I tried to keep the BarLCD image in same size ratio and just increasing the height and replacing the image and respring and doesn't seem to have taken effect. Oh well no biggie. Thanks anyway.

Worked for me. This is what I ended up with. Steps I took was sent it to my email edited through photoshop then resent it back to myself. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1362638110.198654.jpg

Question for you though Massie. Is there a way to get rid of the dark area below the notification?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen