Siri problems on Jailbreak

Pauly V

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey i want to do this but i was informed that appsync must be removed to be successfully and what about all of my folders and such, as i use FolderEnhancer

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about that with Appsync there is a no piracy policy here on imore. So I guess maybe stop pirating and you won't have as much trouble.

Tony Yeo

May 25, 2013
Visit site
hello all,

i got problem on my ipad 3 after jailbreak i got problem after i try my siri
it would restart / change to safe mode after i ask siri to laucnh app
like siri launch facebook or siri launch ifile
it just turn out a apple logo then have said exit safe mode?
after exit and try again it turn out jam or lagging totally not respond
until few minutes then normal again

so what the problem i facing here?
can it be solved???
hopefully solved without losing data

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I fixed my siri and can report she is now opening all of my apps no problem.

First you need to go into iFile and find these 2 files
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Once you find them don't delete them just in case ;)
change them to
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore.bak
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist.bak

This basically renders them invisible, you can go and delete them later, always good to keep a backup :)

Once you have changed the name back out to Springboard and do a full reboot.
Upon reboot you will notice all your stock apps are there and your installed cydia apps but NO appstore apps.
DONT PANIC :)

Just sit back and chill as iOS will slowly rebuild your apps on the springboard. I have over 300 apps on mine so it took a couple of minutes.
Once all your apps are showing give Siri a test.. Should work perfect.

Then go back into iFile and removed the files you changed to .bak

Done.. lemmie know how you go

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Get rid of Assistant Extensions if you have it installed also.

The method I mentioned which was just reposted for you by natasftw (thanks) does work as also today both my minis stopped opening apps. Fixed them both within minutes removing those files in ifile :)

Chuck Norri5

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Rediculocity:

I can't find these 2 files:

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Well, actually, I can't find LaunchServices. What happened?

skiales

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
so I don't know what part of "JUST IN CASE" I didn't understand even though I did append the two files with (.BAK) nothing happened so I went in to safe mode and got rid of them again (NOTHING HAPPENED) well I was dumb enough to delete the first file and figured it sure is suppose to work...! RIGHT
NOPE I NEED A GOOD KICK TO THE HEAD wel after a reboot as you mentioned all of my {OK DONT MAKE FUN OF ME BUT HERE GOES} all of my 742 apps disappeared but they appear to be taking up space somewhere is there somehow to force them to show because its show I've taken up 28 GB but there not appearing. I should also ask if turning the "sync my apps" in the settings for itunes is ENABLED and if that makes a difference or not...?
I also know someone here mentioned it took a while for there 300 apps to reappear but its been 24 hours and no luck ....! The only hope I have is knowing somewhere theres 28 GB worth of space still taken up ....! Any input would be greatly appreciated and learnet from if you could HELP...! THANKS in advance for even bothering to read this

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You deleted the list the phone uses to populate the apps on screen. That's why they said to use the .bak so you could easily regain it.

Is it safe to assume you've tried another reboot?

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Try deleting the two files again and reboot. Give it time before taking more troubleshooting steps.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

skiales

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
"NOT WITTINGLY" AS NSA sh*&t head james clapper would say but you and I know theres two and one of them is me.....! fml end of rant

Yes I am afraid my stupid ego of "OH THIS WILL DEF work" got the best me it was on the third time that it hadn't populated which I deleted them and rebooted. Now with respect to "rebooting" initially I did by opening SBSETTINGS and click on the power button then reboot which failed to make them disappear at this point I still had the files in ".bak" extensions on them which then I ignorantly and deservedly deleted the .bak ones and then proceeded reboot which at this time I held top button till "slide to power" appeared which after I felt great I'll just hang tight (due to number of APP a little while longer) which is when I decided that. The extent of the stupidity which I made could't even bear to feel bad for my self ... The whole timing of me deciding to be get SIRI working on my iphone 5 was really pathetic but I'm hoping something good will come out of this somewhere so I was thinking how would find the dependencies with respect to the two files as one of them is a prefrence list to maybe force or rebuild something in order to unmask them since my phone still shows 28GB of space still taken up...
I feel like I'm desensitized as much I would like to admit that I could rebuild the lost data from scratch but i know i cant, and just go iLEXRAT on it but I much rather leave that as a NUKE option if possible (or would it not make a difference since all the cydia apps are still visible )...!

Once again I humbly thank you for any insight and again Feel appropriate to appreciate the time spent on reading my reply :) thanks

skiales

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I just hope I haven't offended any body but my last rant was extremely derelict to say the least. I just needed to clarify that. Yes @natasftw I have rebooted a few times and still no luck. You mentioned earlier /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore & com.apple.mobile.installation.plist are both lists which the phone using for populating the apps on the screen. Which explains why they are still taking up space on my phone just no image to represent them is that correct..? And if so is there a script or command line code which I can evoke to repopulate the caches from scratch with out any sort reinstalling anything...?

I am still curios to the answer of role of those two particular cache files and would luv to be schooled on.... HOWEVER this resolved
my issue for any of those hopefully not many " cognizant ignorant persons" who DID NOT ABIDE by the directions CONCISELY stated
thanks again

^^Simply removing appsync will not fix the issue.
If you are scared off long command lines,an easier fix would be..
1.Apply the fix provided by evad3rs from Cydia
Reboot
2.uninstall Appsync

3.Delete
a)com.apple.mobile.installation.plist AND b)com.apple.LaunchServices- 045.csstore
(Both Files are located in var/mobile/library/caches)
Use either ifile(from your phone) or ifunbox(from your Mac,I am not sure about Windows,but should work)
Reboot.
4.Then reinstall appsync

Now,both appsync and the weather app should work.
P.S-If you have things like Vshare or pp installed,remove them too in the first step.

Last edited:

pezcore350

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Did this, and it worked! Thanks!

Also, I didn't have the launchservices file (just the other one) and I do have appsync and it does not interfere with this fix.

iOS 6.1.2 iPhone 5. Thanks again!

wildog426

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't find these files with iFile on my jail broken iPod Touch 5, ios 7.0.4. Here's how I fixed it:

1. Download iLex R.A.T. and MobileTerminal from Cydia

2. Open MobileTerminal and type "rat" then return

3. A list of options appear. Choose option 7, clearing cache iOS then return

4. Reboot iPod

LexingtonPro

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Just another huge fan.
Registered to say thanks!
BTW I didn't have the "Assistant" app installed on mine, so it's probably more than one bad app.:yes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice