Looking for a good USEABLE Dreamboard theme!

Skinjob

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm a few days into my first jailbreak experience. One of the first things I want to do is change the look of this archaic OS, and I spent a lot of time checking out Dreamboard themes. But I can't find anything suitable. Many will put my phone into permanent reboot (ie. OS7 Lion), as they don't seem compatible with my iOS 6.1.2. But my biggest problem is I've not found one yet that is truly configurable. e.g iWindowsPhone8 looks great at the start... but configuring the tiles requires that you go deep into system files and hack them up each time you want to change a tile. No thanks! Maybe I'm spoiled by my Android phone, because I was easily able to transform into a Windows 8 phone, and it could be configured just as you would a Windows 8 phone. I'm starting to think this lack of easy configurability is a hard limitation imposed by Dreamboard; the iOS hack that runs the themes. If I can't easily configure a theme on the fly, I might as well just suffer with the stock iOS.

Here's what I'm looking for in a theme:

1. Must have ability to categorize apps in any number of separate categories that YOU can configure (not what the theme developer decides should be the categories!).

2. Must be easy to configure; especially when it comes to setting links to apps (no going into system text files with iFile and changing lines!)

3. Must be compatible with iOS 6.1.2

4. Must look very different from the stock iPhone springboard

Does anything within the jailbreak world fit this description?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
haha I don't think that there are Dreamboard themes which can all that... There was a time one year ago where I bought and tried almost every Dreamboard theme. The best one, which comes really close to your description is my favorite Dreamboard theme: OS7:Revive, which is a Windows Phone theme for iOS.

You just don't have categories, but it was planned. And I don't know if it is iOS6 compatible. Some people say it's possible, but you have to configure it a little bit. They say it does not work right, and just try using original OS7 :S
You can read everything in the threads.

Here's the link for the official thread: Dreamboard OS7:Revive

Here's the link for another thread with tiles: [Mods] OS7 - w/Live Tiles

Skinjob

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but I tried OS7:Revive, along with a few other Windows phone themes, and it was not compatible with my 6.1.2. The only one that was, is iWindowsPhone8 - which proved too difficult to configure in daily use.

You're probably right and I won't find any Dreamboard themes that are easily and fully configurable. It seems to be a limitation with Dreamboard. It looks like the best I can hope for is forget about Dreamboard, and just change the look of the stock iOS as much as can be.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry Bro :/

But there are a lot of great winter board themes and HTML and other widgets, which are also really cool, why don't you try them? :D

Why do you want a total change, I personally like the iOS design, but there are some little things which are annoying, but with jailbreak and the tweaks and apps you can use after jail breaking gives you all possibilities :3

ψ(`∇?)ψ

t3ddie

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I was using Gyro 3 HD dreamboard theme last week and it was my first dreamboard theme but it was nothing like easy to configure. I really liked the look of the theme but it took some time to have to replace icons and stuff.

breadmanjp

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and tried Gyro3HD theme and liked the look of it, but it really sucked the battery up!
Also, to configure the tiles was way more than I wanted to get into at this point.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I think you'll find that using Dreamboard in that way (fundamentally changing the OS) will always be a hassle. But I wonder: it seems like you're pretty invested in the Windows phone interface, having tried to put it on two non-Windows devices—have you considered using a device that was built for Windows?

Sometimes I think we as themers get so excited about making changes that we begin to lose sight of why exactly we want to make them.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods