Someone thought it would be funny to disable my iPhone. Nope. Now I need to fix it, and could really use some help! It's a jailbroken iPhone 4s, and I want to, if possible, bypass the disabled screen without restoring my device and losing all my tunes, digits, and jailbreak. If any extra info is needed, then I will try my best to provide it. I've tried searching for a solution and have been unsuccessful. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    03-03-2013 11:40 AM
    Someone thought it would be funny to disable my iPhone. Nope. Now I need to fix it, and could really use some help! It's a jailbroken iPhone 4s, and I want to, if possible, bypass the disabled screen without restoring my device and losing all my tunes, digits, and jailbreak. If any extra info is needed, then I will try my best to provide it. I've tried searching for a solution and have been unsuccessful. Any help is greatly appreciated!

What do u mean by "disabled" ur iPhone? Did they password protect ur phone?
    03-03-2013 11:53 AM
    Sorry, I should've been more specific. My friend put in the wrong unlock password (4-digit password used to unlock phone and get to home screen) too many times, and it permanently locked my phone. Disabled for 1 minute, then 5, then 15, 30, 60, then "iPhone is disabled. connect to iTunes."
    03-03-2013 05:45 PM
    "iPhone is disabled. connect to iTunes."
    thats your only option
    03-03-2013 07:59 PM
    thats your only option
    So my only option is to completely restore my phone because someone thought it was funny to put in the wrong password a few times? Is there any other way so that I don't lose everything? Maybe restore to a backup?
    03-03-2013 08:24 PM
    You have to restore and then restore from back up on Computer or iCloud.
    03-03-2013 08:26 PM
    So my only option is to completely restore my phone because someone thought it was funny to put in the wrong password a few times? Is there any other way so that I don't lose everything? Maybe restore to a backup?

what are we talking as a few times? like 35 or 40?
    if you restore you can select a backup. but its a safety issue to make sure the person who has the device doesnt get access to information they shouldnt be having
    03-03-2013 09:04 PM
    what are we talking as a few times? like 35 or 40?
    if you restore you can select a backup. but its a safety issue to make sure the person who has the device doesnt get access to information they shouldnt be having
    Few times as in less than 10 Any idea if I can check to see what is on this backup? Are they made automatically, or manually? Will my jailbreak be lost? With the fact that my device is jailbroken, i don't really work with itunes. I guess this is where having a jailbroken device really comes back to bite you in the ***. There's this software called Gecko iPhone Toolkit that I installed earlier that gave the option to bypass the disabled screen, but when selecting your device from the drop down menu it only went up to the iPhone 4, while ive got the 4s
    03-03-2013 09:16 PM
    Few times as in less than 10 Any idea if I can check to see what is on this backup? Are they made automatically, or manually? Will my jailbreak be lost? With the fact that my device is jailbroken, i don't really work with itunes. I guess this is where having a jailbroken device really comes back to bite you in the ***. There's this software called Gecko iPhone Toolkit that I installed earlier that gave the option to bypass the disabled screen, but when selecting your device from the drop down menu it only went up to the iPhone 4, while ive got the 4s
    Backups are done automatically in iCloud if u have it set up. They are done manually thru iTunes. Plug ur phone into ur computer, click restore. iTunes will ask if u want to make a backup first, click yes. Then restore. And yes, u will lose ur jailbreak.
    03-03-2013 10:30 PM
    Backups are done automatically in iCloud if u have it set up. They are done manually thru iTunes. Plug ur phone into ur computer, click restore. iTunes will ask if u want to make a backup first, click yes. Then restore. And yes, u will lose ur jailbreak.
    so i can make a backup while its disabled before restoring, and it'll save everything I've got minus the jailbreak from right before it was disabled?
    03-03-2013 10:55 PM
    This is all assuming that it really is your phone that you are trying to get access too
    03-03-2013 11:26 PM
    This is all assuming that it really is your phone that you are trying to get access too
    yep, its my phone.
    03-04-2013 12:09 AM
    03-04-2013 02:31 AM
    Sorry, I should've been more specific. My friend put in the wrong unlock password (4-digit password used to unlock phone and get to home screen) too many times, and it permanently locked my phone. Disabled for 1 minute, then 5, then 15, 30, 60, then "iPhone is disabled. connect to iTunes."
    Just do a complete restore That will fix it! but before doing this, dont forget to backup.
    03-04-2013 05:26 PM
    hun he cant buck up coz his iphone is disabled. thro itunes he will need to restore to get connection for back up it wont work. all he can do is: or restore and lose everything or he can come to me and wait day or 2
    03-04-2013 07:12 PM
    no is not that depend how did u set your iphone if for automatic back up with iCloud than it will back up automaticly when u r connect t wifi if not than forget there is couple ways of passing that but u need a lot of time and the phone have to b yours
    03-04-2013 07:15 PM
    hun he cant buck up coz his iphone is disabled. thro itunes he will need to restore to get connection for back up it wont work. all he can do is: or restore and lose everything or he can come to me and wait day or 2
    What do you mean he can come to you and wait a day or two? Do you personally know him or something?
    03-04-2013 07:16 PM
    What do you mean he can come to you and wait a day or two? Do you personally know him or something?
    nope, i dont know him hah. it would be great to hear an opinion from someone that has gone through the same situation! it cant be that unique of a scenario, can it? one jailbroken iphone 4s that has had the wrong password put into it 10 times for one reason or another. There is no way that the only solution would be to completely swipe my phone clean! that's drastic
    03-04-2013 07:52 PM
    nope, i dont know him hah. it would be great to hear an opinion from someone that has gone through the same situation! it cant be that unique of a scenario, can it? one jailbroken iphone 4s that has had the wrong password put into it 10 times for one reason or another. There is no way that the only solution would be to completely swipe my phone clean! that's drastic

There is NO work around or other way. If u wan ur iPhone back to normal, restore as new. That's it!
    03-04-2013 09:08 PM
    There is NO work around or other way. If u wan ur iPhone back to normal, restore as new. That's it!
    Thanks for your help! But I'm determined to at least keep trying for a few more days. There have been solutions through software (Gecko iPhone Toolkit) for the iPhone 4 and under, and there are several programs that allow for some sort of date recovery (mostly if you have a backup, which unfortunately I don't have, also have heard rumors of some that find it directly from your device!) so chances are, there could still be a hidden solution somewhere! I'm just not willing to lose my contacts so easily. Worked hard for some of those digits, you know
    03-04-2013 10:23 PM
    The only option is a restore. The security is there for a reason. If it was possible to get around it, it would be fairly pointless, wouldn't it?
    03-04-2013 11:27 PM
    Thanks for your help! But I'm determined to at least keep trying for a few more days. There have been solutions through software (Gecko iPhone Toolkit) for the iPhone 4 and under, and there are several programs that allow for some sort of date recovery (mostly if you have a backup, which unfortunately I don't have, also have heard rumors of some that find it directly from your device!) so chances are, there could still be a hidden solution somewhere! I'm just not willing to lose my contacts so easily. Worked hard for some of those digits, you know
    Restoring via iTunes IS the solution... just do it. If you've been using iCloud or gmail to sync contacts, they won't be lost... if you haven't, the only place to place blame is with yourself. And apps can be re-synced, as can media... and settings and other things can be restored from back-up... seeing as you have no back-up, then you'll have to set up as new after restoring...
    Last edited by kch50428; 03-05-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: typo
    03-04-2013 11:42 PM
    Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb here And say that op is giving us a little bit less than all the information, and possibly (PROBABLY?) flat out lying to us.
    He's been told the solution several times, and specifically linked to apples site regarding the situation.
    Yet he refuses to restore
    Wish I didn't need my phone for a few days.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    03-05-2013 02:26 AM
    Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb here And say that op is giving us a little bit less than all the information, and possibly (PROBABLY?) flat out lying to us.
    He's been told the solution several times, and specifically linked to apples site regarding the situation.
    Yet he refuses to restore…
    Wish I didn't need my phone for a few days.…
    What information do you need? I will provide it. If my device was stolen, then why would the information on it be so important to me? I've already said it wasn't stolen, and if I was a thief I'd just restore it for a brand new iPhone... not too hard of a concept to comprehend. Also, it isn't too hard to understand that restoring ISN'T a solution to the problem. I DO NOT want to lose my contacts, and there have been solutions in the past. The incorrect solution has been posted several times, yet people continue to repeat it. This problem has been fixed in the past, so I doubt it's much of a stretch to be stubborn about it. I understand that not having a backup is my own fault, but can we actually get past the simple stuff and delve into something helpful? Wiping my phone clean is an absolute last resort, and I'm willing to go through whatever outrageous or cumbersome process that might be out there in order to get around it. No security is perfect!
    Last edited by Jorge Bonavente; 03-05-2013 at 06:25 AM.
    03-05-2013 06:07 AM
    Why not just wait until the lock time out expires or go to the Genius Bar. If you opt for the latter make sure you bring proof of ownership with you.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-05-2013 06:45 AM
31 12