My jailbroken iPhone is disabled, please help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
The only option is a restore. The security is there for a reason. If it was possible to get around it, it would be fairly pointless, wouldn't it?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your help! But I'm determined to at least keep trying for a few more days. There have been solutions through software (Gecko iPhone Toolkit) for the iPhone 4 and under, and there are several programs that allow for some sort of date recovery (mostly if you have a backup, which unfortunately I don't have, also have heard rumors of some that find it directly from your device!) so chances are, there could still be a hidden solution somewhere! I'm just not willing to lose my contacts so easily. Worked hard for some of those digits, you know ;)
Restoring via iTunes IS the solution... just do it. If you've been using iCloud or gmail to sync contacts, they won't be lost... if you haven't, the only place to place blame is with yourself. And apps can be re-synced, as can media... and settings and other things can be restored from back-up... seeing as you have no back-up, then you'll have to set up as new after restoring...

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb here And say that op is giving us a little bit less than all the information, and possibly (PROBABLY?) flat out lying to us.
He's been told the solution several times, and specifically linked to apples site regarding the situation.
Yet he refuses to restore?
Wish I didn't need my phone for a few days.?

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb here And say that op is giving us a little bit less than all the information, and possibly (PROBABLY?) flat out lying to us.
He's been told the solution several times, and specifically linked to apples site regarding the situation.
Yet he refuses to restore…
Wish I didn't need my phone for a few days.…

What information do you need? I will provide it. If my device was stolen, then why would the information on it be so important to me? I've already said it wasn't stolen, and if I was a thief I'd just restore it for a brand new iPhone... not too hard of a concept to comprehend. Also, it isn't too hard to understand that restoring ISN'T a solution to the problem. I DO NOT want to lose my contacts, and there have been solutions in the past. The incorrect solution has been posted several times, yet people continue to repeat it. This problem has been fixed in the past, so I doubt it's much of a stretch to be stubborn about it. I understand that not having a backup is my own fault, but can we actually get past the simple stuff and delve into something helpful? Wiping my phone clean is an absolute last resort, and I'm willing to go through whatever outrageous or cumbersome process that might be out there in order to get around it. No security is perfect! :)

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Why not just wait until the lock time out expires or go to the Genius Bar. If you opt for the latter make sure you bring proof of ownership with you.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
THERE
IS
NOTHING
YOU
CAN
DO
BUT
RESTORE.
It's like talking to a wall.
It's not in a "timeout" stage.
It's in a "I need to be restored" stage

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
THERE
IS
NOTHING
YOU
CAN
DO
BUT
RESTORE.
It's like talking to a wall.
It's not in a "timeout" stage.
It's in a "I need to be restored" stage
ahah, you're kind of a jerk :p or can't read. maybe you could try rereading my last post? If you've got nothing to say other than 1.doubt my legitimacy since I'm "PROBABLY" lying and am actually trying to hack into some government official's phone for classified information instead of restoring it for a brand new iPhone like a typical thief would. or 2. repeatedly telling me to restore my device when its been said multiple times that this isn't an option I'm willing to go through with since this is an issue that has been solved in the past, then you've really got nothing to contribute to this thread and should really just leave. Once again, maybe its an issue with your reading skills, and in that case, I apologize.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
ahah, you're kind of a jerk :p or can't read. maybe you could try rereading my last post? If you've got nothing to say other than 1.doubt my legitimacy since I'm "PROBABLY" lying and am actually trying to hack into some government official's phone for classified information instead of restoring it for a brand new iPhone like a typical thief would. or 2. repeatedly telling me to restore my device when its been said multiple times that this isn't an option I'm willing to go through with since this is an issue that has been solved in the past, then you've really got nothing to contribute to this thread and should really just leave. Once again, maybe its an issue with your reading skills, and in that case, I apologize.

You've been given good advice which you are choosing to IGNORE. Now, things are degrading to incivility. Thread closed.

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
(FIXED) My jailbroken iPhone is disabled, please help :)

original post:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreakin...y-jailbroken-iphone-disabled-please-help.html

Fix: I put my device into recovery mode through redsn0w ( I think you can easily do this without redsn0w, it just happened to do it for me automatically while I was trying to restore through it rather than iTunes), then I exited recovery mode since the restore failed, the disabled screen was no longer present, and I could put in my passcode to unlock my phone! Hope this helps anyone that was stuck in the same situation as I was! You don't need to lose everything by restoring!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: (FIXED) My jailbroken iPhone is disabled, please help :)

Again, you don't necessarily "lose everything" by restoring. The only way you lose everything is to never sync to a computer or do a back-up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2