My jailbroken iPhone is disabled, please help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Someone thought it would be funny to disable my iPhone. Nope. Now I need to fix it, and could really use some help! It's a jailbroken iPhone 4s, and I want to, if possible, bypass the disabled screen without restoring my device and losing all my tunes, digits, and jailbreak. If any extra info is needed, then I will try my best to provide it. I've tried searching for a solution and have been unsuccessful. Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Someone thought it would be funny to disable my iPhone. Nope. Now I need to fix it, and could really use some help! It's a jailbroken iPhone 4s, and I want to, if possible, bypass the disabled screen without restoring my device and losing all my tunes, digits, and jailbreak. If any extra info is needed, then I will try my best to provide it. I've tried searching for a solution and have been unsuccessful. Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

What do u mean by "disabled" ur iPhone? Did they password protect ur phone?

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I should've been more specific. My friend put in the wrong unlock password (4-digit password used to unlock phone and get to home screen) too many times, and it permanently locked my phone. Disabled for 1 minute, then 5, then 15, 30, 60, then "iPhone is disabled. connect to iTunes."

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So my only option is to completely restore my phone because someone thought it was funny to put in the wrong password a few times? Is there any other way so that I don't lose everything? Maybe restore to a backup?

what are we talking as a few times? like 35 or 40?
if you restore you can select a backup. but its a safety issue to make sure the person who has the device doesnt get access to information they shouldnt be having

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
what are we talking as a few times? like 35 or 40?
if you restore you can select a backup. but its a safety issue to make sure the person who has the device doesnt get access to information they shouldnt be having
Few times as in less than 10 :( Any idea if I can check to see what is on this backup? Are they made automatically, or manually? Will my jailbreak be lost? With the fact that my device is jailbroken, i don't really work with itunes. I guess this is where having a jailbroken device really comes back to bite you in the ass. There's this software called Gecko iPhone Toolkit that I installed earlier that gave the option to bypass the disabled screen, but when selecting your device from the drop down menu it only went up to the iPhone 4, while ive got the 4s :(

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Few times as in less than 10 :( Any idea if I can check to see what is on this backup? Are they made automatically, or manually? Will my jailbreak be lost? With the fact that my device is jailbroken, i don't really work with itunes. I guess this is where having a jailbroken device really comes back to bite you in the ass. There's this software called Gecko iPhone Toolkit that I installed earlier that gave the option to bypass the disabled screen, but when selecting your device from the drop down menu it only went up to the iPhone 4, while ive got the 4s :(

Backups are done automatically in iCloud if u have it set up. They are done manually thru iTunes. Plug ur phone into ur computer, click restore. iTunes will ask if u want to make a backup first, click yes. Then restore. And yes, u will lose ur jailbreak.

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Backups are done automatically in iCloud if u have it set up. They are done manually thru iTunes. Plug ur phone into ur computer, click restore. iTunes will ask if u want to make a backup first, click yes. Then restore. And yes, u will lose ur jailbreak.

so i can make a backup while its disabled before restoring, and it'll save everything I've got minus the jailbreak from right before it was disabled?

alicepattinson

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I should've been more specific. My friend put in the wrong unlock password (4-digit password used to unlock phone and get to home screen) too many times, and it permanently locked my phone. Disabled for 1 minute, then 5, then 15, 30, 60, then "iPhone is disabled. connect to iTunes."

Just do a complete restore :) That will fix it! but before doing this, dont forget to backup.

chajsu

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
hun he cant buck up coz his iphone is disabled. thro itunes he will need to restore to get connection for back up it wont work. all he can do is: or restore and lose everything or he can come to me and wait day or 2

chajsu

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
no is not that depend how did u set your iphone if for automatic back up with iCloud than it will back up automaticly when u r connect t wifi if not than forget there is couple ways of passing that but u need a lot of time and the phone have to b yours

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hun he cant buck up coz his iphone is disabled. thro itunes he will need to restore to get connection for back up it wont work. all he can do is: or restore and lose everything or he can come to me and wait day or 2

What do you mean he can come to you and wait a day or two? Do you personally know him or something?

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean he can come to you and wait a day or two? Do you personally know him or something?

nope, i dont know him hah. it would be great to hear an opinion from someone that has gone through the same situation! it cant be that unique of a scenario, can it? one jailbroken iphone 4s that has had the wrong password put into it 10 times for one reason or another. There is no way that the only solution would be to completely swipe my phone clean! that's drastic :(

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
nope, i dont know him hah. it would be great to hear an opinion from someone that has gone through the same situation! it cant be that unique of a scenario, can it? one jailbroken iphone 4s that has had the wrong password put into it 10 times for one reason or another. There is no way that the only solution would be to completely swipe my phone clean! that's drastic :(

There is NO work around or other way. If u wan ur iPhone back to normal, restore as new. That's it!

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
There is NO work around or other way. If u wan ur iPhone back to normal, restore as new. That's it!

Thanks for your help! But I'm determined to at least keep trying for a few more days. There have been solutions through software (Gecko iPhone Toolkit) for the iPhone 4 and under, and there are several programs that allow for some sort of date recovery (mostly if you have a backup, which unfortunately I don't have, also have heard rumors of some that find it directly from your device!) so chances are, there could still be a hidden solution somewhere! I'm just not willing to lose my contacts so easily. Worked hard for some of those digits, you know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro