does evasi0n automatically unlock phone for international use? (help!)

Eoin McGuigan

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey All!

Total newbie here and I looked through previous posts and wasn't seeing the answer to my question so just thought I'd ask.

If I install evasi0n is my phone automatically unlocked for international use? I'm planning a trip to hong kong and bangkok and I'd like to be able to just insert a new SIM once I get there and be on my way. Or is there another step I need to take? Would love to know! Thanks all :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No. Jailbreaking and SIM unlocks are distinct things. Check your service provider, or where you bought your phone to find out if yours is already unlocked or not - if not, ask them how to go about getting it unlocked... or search for a 3rd party service that can unlock your provider's phones.

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Which phone and which carrier ?.

The 5 comes unlocked automatically on Verizon, not on Sprint. No clue about ATT. Thus with a 5 you can simply pop in a new SIM and re-boot in a location with (free) WiFi. The phone will find the local carrier .

4S on VZW requires carrier consent. They typically give it if you've been a VZW user for at least 3 mos., no outstanding charges and are traveling outside the US where a GSM SIM card can be used. No clue what Sprint or ATT do.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW