6.1.3 beta 2 fixes jailbreak

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Now I have to decide on whether I should stay at 6.1 or go to 6.1.2 and start over. Sigh. :)

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I ended up restoring to 6.1.2 and rejailbreaking. Might as well be current.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Stock turnover on iPhones in Apple stores is 12 days average, which means in some cases it's considerably less, but in no cases considerably more.... Months worth of inventory is not the case.

Turnover in the store != date until new iOS is included on shipped versions

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
did you save your blobs too??

Was lazy and had cydia do it, which was a couple days ago. Not that it'll help much. :)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
At some point cydia should have asked to make your life easier (or does it automatically now, I'm an old fart :)) anywho, when you open cydia, right under the status bar you should see a bunch of numbers in green. Those are the firmware shsh Cydia has saved for you.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Redsn0w can save them locally. You can always use tiny umbrella to save them while they're current too.
Edit: tiny umbrella can also save cydia shsh.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have been JBen since the very first iPhone. The iPhone 5 was the first one I ever used without a Jailbreak. So in 5 years there have been JB. It is not about to change as long as there are humans coding there will be exploits possible.

It is Apple's job to patch the exploits I would never be angry at them for that it's their responsibility. I don't care if they patch the exploit in anything because I wont be updating until iOS 7 and that is because they better offer something!

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Redsn0w can save them locally. You can always use tiny umbrella to save them while they're current too.
Edit: tiny umbrella can also save cydia shsh.

I also found iSHSH It on Cydia which allows you to email yourself a copy of the blob. I tried Tiny Umbrella but it doesn't seem to backup 6.1.2 which iSHSH It does backup so that was helpful. Thx for mentioning redsnow will keep that in mind as well. It sounds like blobs don't work to downgrade an A5 or A6 device right now but uncertain if that is accurate as I haven't tried it. Saving blobs now just in case they are useful in the future.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I also found iSHSH It on Cydia which allows you to email yourself a copy of the blob. I tried Tiny Umbrella but it doesn't seem to backup 6.1.2 which iSHSH It does backup so that was helpful. Thx for mentioning redsnow will keep that in mind as well. It sounds like blobs don't work to downgrade an A5 or A6 device right now but uncertain if that is accurate as I haven't tried it. Saving blobs now just in case they are useful in the future.

Yes A5+ devices cannot downgrade at this time, but you should save them anyway.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Evasi0n has thus far been the most stable and satisfying jailbreak Ive used. I suppose I should update my ipod touch before the new update comes out. Its been slow recently and needs a fresh start.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
vs what? as far as i can remember previous jailbreaks were very stable

Devs updating their work on the other hand - joke

Gotta agree its taken me 2 weeks to finally find tweaks that have been causing crashes. I have blames winterboard, zephyr and a few others till today I went through my crash list with a fine comb to finally come to the conclusion it was appinfo and attacher pro which have not yet been updated for ios6.

The jailbreak is stable but the devs have been scrambling to update or are too busy to update. At least now I can put winterboard and zephyr back :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2