Ok, I'm At A Loss (Apps Crashing)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I use wwf (free on iPad and paid on phone) and it doesn't crash for me--I use winterboard on both. There IS an wwf update in the App Store-try downloading that and see if it helps.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Well crap, I just removed and reinstalled Winterboard, and now it's not crashing. I'm so confused.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, with Winterboard already installed, I installed Accelerate. After that, Words With Friends crashed. I then removed Accelerate, and it still crashed. I removed Winterboard, and it no longer crashed. I reinstalled Winterboard, and nothing else, and it did not crash. I then installed Activator, and it crashed again.

So it seems that if any package is installed WITH Winterboard, I get crashes. Though, with Winterboard only, it works.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
S yours the paid or free version? Maybe that makes a difference.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Also, my wife has the exact same jailbroken phone, exact same tweaks and everything, and I cannot get her WWF to crash at all.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I had a problem with Winterboard only once a long time ago on like 2.x or something like that. In my case I had to get rid of Winterboard and wait until the next JB on the new OS. In your case here is what I would suggest which might be a pain but if you really want to get things working good. It might be corruption in iOS that just shows up when you install Winterboard. What I would say is

Hook up to iTunes and go through all the tabs and un-sync all the media(songs, apps, pictures, podcasts, etc)
Take screenshots to remind you what apps are installed and where they are stored.
Reboot the phone and then one by one re-sync the media back onto the phone
Reboot the phone and install Winterboard

When I loaded up 6.1.2 I bit the bullet and did it from scratch to have a nice stable setup.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I have officially found it to be Winterboard. I now how have every tweak installed, and am unable to make it crash. As soon as I add Winterboard, it crashes. Remove Winterboard, no crash.

Man, this is frustrating.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your steps. I just updated to 6.1.2, and restored the phone, so it was a clean slate. I set it up "as new", and synced my music, apps, etc. I then re-jailbroke.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Just did some looking around on different forums. Looks like lotsa people are having this issue with Winterboard. Hopefully they come out with an upgrade soon that corrects it.

For now, guess I'll be unthemed. :-(

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same problem too, didn't happen right away, WWF crashes constantly for me now along with several other apps..

I wish I could downgrade to 6.01 since it looks like Apple doesn't give a damn that 6.1-6.1.2 has a horrible battery drain bug and apparently has no plans on fixing it..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your steps. I just updated to 6.1.2, and restored the phone, so it was a clean slate. I set it up "as new", and synced my music, apps, etc. I then re-jailbroke.

🆗 that is basically what I was referring to :0( If you really want to figure it out you could try doing it the other way around. So unsync or remove all your apps. Put Winterboard on and reboot. Add a simple theme nothing extreme and then sync all your apps on and reboot. Then see if the apps are crashing. If not then start adding other themes.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought I was all good and bang my podcast app and a few others started crashing. So it was time to try the winterboard only test. Yup winterboard is officially the culprit for me. I can put back everything I thought it was now :)

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Just to update this thread: the new Cydia update from Winterboard seems to have resolved the issue!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods