Ok, I'm At A Loss (Apps Crashing)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hate to ask the obvious...

Were any of the apps you're having problems with now giving you issues before jailbreaking?

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Download Crash Reporter and Syslogg to var... And then see inside crash reporter the logs it records. They might tell you what's causing conflicts.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk 2

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, my issue definitely seems BytaFont-related. I deleted all the fonts I used (I had like five or six installed to choose from), and I can't get anything to crash.

I guess it just comes down to choosing one font and ensuring that it is compatible with the apps that are having issues.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Gotta say this jailbreak I've noticed a lot of devs releasing updates quickly and there seems to be many problems with tweaks not playing nice. I think it's the changes to springboard and the addition of backboard on ios6. It may take a few months for devs to get things working as smooth as they did on past jailbreaks.

Here's hoping!

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok. It's back.

What. The. Heck.

I restored the original font and deleted the font from my packages and it's still crashing Facebook sometimes, and Words With Friends often.

Gonna delete BytaFont altogether and see if that cures anything. This is seriously making me crazy.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok. It's back.

What. The. Heck.

I restored the original font and deleted the font from my packages and it's still crashing Facebook sometimes, and Words With Friends often.

Gonna delete BytaFont altogether and see if that cures anything. This is seriously making me crazy.

Sounds like the problem never went away? you sure it was bytafont in the first place?

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My Facebook has been crashing a lot. I thought it was a tweak but it's happening on my wife's unjailbroken iPhone 5.

I've tried removing stuff in SBsettings and gave up. Kinda getting sick of it may disable all tweaks and try again.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok I think this time I've found the culprit if my facebook crashes. I'm hoping it is Flex. I paid for it and every time I've used it there's been some kind of crash. So I just left it installed. I guess I'll just keep using facebook over the next hour and see how I go.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the problem never went away? you sure it was bytafont in the first place?

Apparently not. Oh well. I have some time today so I guess I'm gonna delete all my tweaks and add them back one at a time. *sigh*

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
So far, it looks like Auxo may be the culprit. I uninstalled everything, then started over. As soon as I got to Auxo, apps and folders began crashing.

Gonna try installing the rest of my tweaks and see how things go.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I take that back. I'm not shutting up. Haha.

It's Winterboard. I deleted every package I downloaded, and ONLY installed Winterboard, and apps started crashing. I deleted Winterboard, and the apps worked fine. Installed Winterboard again, and they started crashing.

Any advice? Winterboard (and theming) is one of the main reasons I jailbreak!

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I restored my phone to 6.1.2 since the jailbreak supports that anyway, re-jailbroke, installed Winterboard, and it seems to be working just fine.

Wish I knew what happened before so I could know what not to repeat.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I am glad it got fixed for you, perhaps it was a fluke or the color of your status bar ;) my best suggestion is just to keep a running list of what you install when. That way if something acts up you can have a better idea of what the issue is.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, when I install Winterboard (and only Winterboard), it crashes Words With Friends (that's the only app that I'm testing at the moment). When I remove Winterboard, the crashing stops.

Someone HELP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2