Ok, I'm At A Loss (Apps Crashing)

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I've gone through, one by one, and disabled every single mobile substrate addon and I'm still getting apps that crash. It's totally random. What's my next troubleshooting step?

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
No, I was just disabling them via SBSettings and respringing. Guess I oughta go ahead and delete them one-by-one in Cydia now?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
No, I was just disabling them via SBSettings and respringing. Guess I oughta go ahead and delete them one-by-one in Cydia now?

if they are disabled in mobile substrate its like they dont even exist.

are you saying you disabled every single tweak, but your apps were still crashing all the time?

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
No I went through and disabled them one at a time.

- disable addon #1
- respring
- open app
- crash

- enable addon #1
- disable addon #2
- respring
- open app
- crash

... and so on.

The other thing I just now noticed is that some tweaks aren't listed in the mobile substrate addon list (such as Barrel, for instance). So I guess I should see which of those aren't listed and delete those one at a time through Cydia?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
No I went through and disabled them one at a time.

- disable addon #1
- respring
- open app
- crash

- enable addon #1
- disable addon #2
- respring
- open app
- crash

... and so on.

The other thing I just now noticed is that some tweaks aren't listed in the mobile substrate addon list (such as Barrel, for instance). So I guess I should see which of those aren't listed and delete those one at a time through Cydia?

You should remove/disable the recent installed cydia apps/tweaks.
Maybe it's just a bad combination of cydia apps/tweaks which causes your problem and not a single cydia app/tweak

For example, I can't recommend to have LockInfo 5 and IntelliScreenX installed. That definitely causes crashes.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I changed the font I was using in BytaFont, and can't seem to get it to crash now. Could this have been it?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it might be the fact that two tweaks or more are there?
I would disable ALL tweaks, then turn them on one at a time!
See when conflict starts?

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What I do when an app crashes I have this app called crash reporter that tells me what app is crashing and I erase it and re- download it after I use this app icleaner
To erase all the files you don't need on ur memory then u will be fine

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I changed the font I was using in BytaFont, and can't seem to get it to crash now. Could this have been it?

I always have BytaFont installed with every kind of apps and Tweaks and never had any problems with it, but maybe you have something that uses fonts in a kind of way :eek:

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've been using BytaFont forever and never had a problem. I applied a new font when this jailbreak came out, and this jailbreak is the first time I've had the issue. I guess maybe certain fonts aren't compatible with certain apps...?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've been using BytaFont forever and never had a problem. I applied a new font when this jailbreak came out, and this jailbreak is the first time I've had the issue. I guess maybe certain fonts aren't compatible with certain apps...?

I just started using bytafont. I'm not getting any problems(so far) it may have been one of your recent mods

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using Bytafont with no issues. The crashing happened when I switched a certain font within BytaFont.

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing happen with a particular font in Bytafont a few days ago. I ended up deleting Bytafont, and the crashes stopped. The cool thing is that the font stayed installed, since I didn't change the system font before deleting Bytafont. So I still have the font l want, without the crashes.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
It's back. WWF crashes almost every time, and the times it does load successfully, the games are all out of whack. I'm lost. Ugh.