This is off topic but My phone keeps respringing a lot. And it's been freezing lately. And rebooting a lot
    02-25-2013 07:36 PM
    Ok, my issue definitely seems BytaFont-related. I deleted all the fonts I used (I had like five or six installed to choose from), and I can't get anything to crash.

I guess it just comes down to choosing one font and ensuring that it is compatible with the apps that are having issues.
    02-25-2013 08:44 PM
    Gotta say this jailbreak I've noticed a lot of devs releasing updates quickly and there seems to be many problems with tweaks not playing nice. I think it's the changes to springboard and the addition of backboard on ios6. It may take a few months for devs to get things working as smooth as they did on past jailbreaks.

Here's hoping!
    02-25-2013 10:48 PM
    Ok. It's back.

What. The. Heck.

I restored the original font and deleted the font from my packages and it's still crashing Facebook sometimes, and Words With Friends often.

Gonna delete BytaFont altogether and see if that cures anything. This is seriously making me crazy.
    02-25-2013 11:25 PM
    Ok. It's back.

What. The. Heck.

I restored the original font and deleted the font from my packages and it's still crashing Facebook sometimes, and Words With Friends often.

Gonna delete BytaFont altogether and see if that cures anything. This is seriously making me crazy.
    Sounds like the problem never went away you sure it was bytafont in the first place?
    02-26-2013 01:05 AM
    My Facebook has been crashing a lot. I thought it was a tweak but it's happening on my wife's unjailbroken iPhone 5.

I've tried removing stuff in SBsettings and gave up. Kinda getting sick of it may disable all tweaks and try again.
    02-26-2013 02:45 AM
    Ok I think this time I've found the culprit if my facebook crashes. I'm hoping it is Flex. I paid for it and every time I've used it there's been some kind of crash. So I just left it installed. I guess I'll just keep using facebook over the next hour and see how I go.
    02-26-2013 03:16 AM
    Sounds like the problem never went away you sure it was bytafont in the first place?
    Apparently not. Oh well. I have some time today so I guess I'm gonna delete all my tweaks and add them back one at a time. *sigh*
    02-26-2013 07:42 AM
    So far, it looks like Auxo may be the culprit. I uninstalled everything, then started over. As soon as I got to Auxo, apps and folders began crashing.

Gonna try installing the rest of my tweaks and see how things go.
    02-26-2013 09:19 AM
    Well, now I've just installed Browser Changer and its crashing again. Lol. This is absurd.
    02-26-2013 09:26 AM
    No. Just uninstalled that and it's still crashing.

Sorry I'll shut up now.
    02-26-2013 09:28 AM
    Ok, I take that back. I'm not shutting up. Haha.

It's Winterboard. I deleted every package I downloaded, and ONLY installed Winterboard, and apps started crashing. I deleted Winterboard, and the apps worked fine. Installed Winterboard again, and they started crashing.

Any advice? Winterboard (and theming) is one of the main reasons I jailbreak!
    02-26-2013 09:45 AM
    Well, I restored my phone to 6.1.2 since the jailbreak supports that anyway, re-jailbroke, installed Winterboard, and it seems to be working just fine.

Wish I knew what happened before so I could know what not to repeat.
    02-26-2013 04:28 PM
    I am glad it got fixed for you, perhaps it was a fluke or the color of your status bar my best suggestion is just to keep a running list of what you install when. That way if something acts up you can have a better idea of what the issue is.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    iKev likes this.
    02-26-2013 05:02 PM
    Ok, when I install Winterboard (and only Winterboard), it crashes Words With Friends (that's the only app that I'm testing at the moment). When I remove Winterboard, the crashing stops.

Someone HELP!
    02-26-2013 07:07 PM
    I use wwf (free on iPad and paid on phone) and it doesn't crash for me--I use winterboard on both. There IS an wwf update in the App Store-try downloading that and see if it helps.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

02-26-2013 07:11 PM
    Well crap, I just removed and reinstalled Winterboard, and now it's not crashing. I'm so confused.
    02-26-2013 07:12 PM
    Ok, with Winterboard already installed, I installed Accelerate. After that, Words With Friends crashed. I then removed Accelerate, and it still crashed. I removed Winterboard, and it no longer crashed. I reinstalled Winterboard, and nothing else, and it did not crash. I then installed Activator, and it crashed again.

So it seems that if any package is installed WITH Winterboard, I get crashes. Though, with Winterboard only, it works.
    02-26-2013 07:20 PM
    And yes, I have the most up-to-date version of WWF.
    02-26-2013 07:23 PM
    S yours the paid or free version? Maybe that makes a difference.

02-26-2013 07:25 PM
    Also, my wife has the exact same jailbroken phone, exact same tweaks and everything, and I cannot get her WWF to crash at all.
    02-26-2013 07:28 PM
    Yup it's the paid version.
    02-26-2013 07:28 PM
    I had a problem with Winterboard only once a long time ago on like 2.x or something like that. In my case I had to get rid of Winterboard and wait until the next JB on the new OS. In your case here is what I would suggest which might be a pain but if you really want to get things working good. It might be corruption in iOS that just shows up when you install Winterboard. What I would say is

Hook up to iTunes and go through all the tabs and un-sync all the media(songs, apps, pictures, podcasts, etc)
    Take screenshots to remind you what apps are installed and where they are stored.
    Reboot the phone and then one by one re-sync the media back onto the phone
    Reboot the phone and install Winterboard

When I loaded up 6.1.2 I bit the bullet and did it from scratch to have a nice stable setup.
    02-26-2013 07:58 PM
    Ok. I have officially found it to be Winterboard. I now how have every tweak installed, and am unable to make it crash. As soon as I add Winterboard, it crashes. Remove Winterboard, no crash.

Man, this is frustrating.
    02-26-2013 08:27 PM
    I'm not sure I understand your steps. I just updated to 6.1.2, and restored the phone, so it was a clean slate. I set it up "as new", and synced my music, apps, etc. I then re-jailbroke.
    02-26-2013 08:30 PM
55 123